SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick question, I just picked up my first Sig. It's a full size P320 .45. Wanted to see if anybody else noticed the .45 base plates don't come branded? The rest of the mag appears branded the same as others. Not a huge deal, I'm just a sucker for details. It also seems the factory image for replacement mags shows it being unbranded as well. I wonder why that detail would he skipped on the .45 by Sig. Curious to hear from other 45 owners. Sorry if this is a double thread. I did a thread search and Google search and didn't see anything relevant to my question. The first picture below is what the two mag types are for what seem to be just the other 3 calibers. The rest are of my actual magazines. Mine was also the LE/Military discounted UPC which I believe the only difference was the price and it came with 3 mags instead of two, at least from what I read in the description, oh and the holster but I think all P320's come with the holster.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from PA!

Call SIG customer service for that answer!
That was the first thing I tried, lol, but he didn't seem too confident in answering. I said "hi I just got a new Sig P320 in .45 and I noticed the base plates on my mags are unbranded, are there different types of base plates I can purchase to get a branded one for the .45?" His response was, "we don't sell just replacement base plates only the whole mag itself." I said "ok, is there only the one type of mag for the .45?" He said, "yes." In an unsure tone after a long pause. I have worked in customer service/sales for long enough to know some people won't just say "I am sorry sir, I don't know the answer to that, let me find out for you." Because they just don't feel like doing the leg work. So I figured I would reach out to the community to see what actually came with their pistols and draw my own conclusion, before I call back and try my luck with another rep.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Strange. On the eye for detail level, I have about 8 17 round magazines and the 7 that were made in Italy all have the same baseplate and the 1 made in the USofA has an ever so slightly different baseplate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a .45 and my 9 round (2) and 10 round (2) magazine base plate all are plain, no branding. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Redline727

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a .45 and my 9 round (2) and 10 round (2) magazine base plate all are plain, no branding. Hope that helps.
Thank you, it does. Just makes me wonder why they would skip that detail on the .45 mags. Maybe to easily tell them apart just seeing the base plates?

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you want "45" on them, or SIG just get the appropriate letter or number metal impression stamps and heat them hot, and brand them on the bottom.

Or, use a Chichita banana sticker.. :)

Reactions: Mills

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I found my answer to my boring base plate dilemma. I like the look and feel of it. Probably will have to order two more now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm curious where you found a Gen 2 grip module for the .45?

Reactions: WolfKing

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm curious where you found a Gen 2 grip module for the .45?
That's the way it came. I wasn't sure what I was going to end up with being that I ordered it online. Just kept my fingers crossed it would show up in Gen 2. Glad it did bc I prefer the Gen 2. The pistol was manufactured 03JAN2017

·
Registered
22 Posts
All of my .45 magazines (eight 10 round and six 9 round) have the plain base plate like your picture. They are also made in Italy.

My full size .45 was made on 5 January 2017 and it came with the gen 2 grip module as well.

Reactions: Redline727

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All of my .45 magazines (eight 10 round and six 9 round) have the plain base plate like your picture. They are also made in Italy.

My full size .45 was made on 5 January 2017 and it came with the gen 2 grip module as well.
Thanks for the info. It seems more than likely this is just how the .45's were made for whatever reason. Guess maybe they saved some on cost of manufacturing not branding the base plate on a mag that I don't believe is shared with anything else and probably isn't as widely sold.

Sidenote I am happy with my Obsidian so far. I will probably just pick up two more of those down the road.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe it's a "detail" that's unnecessary...the magazine already says "Sig Sauer" on the side and it doesn't make it function any differently.
I would agree 100% if they didn't do it on the other P320 calibers. It not for that I would not have asked the question.

·
Registered
23,611 Posts
Probably a different supplier that cut costs by not making that in the mold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.