SIG Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I don't know about a P320 because I don't own one but although you CAN NOT shoot .40 S&W from a P226 9mm slide a .40 S&W barrel will fit fine in a P226 9mm slide.

After reading this post I decided to try it out. I don't have a micrometer to check the OD of both barrels (P226 9mm and .40 S&W) but they seem to be close.

I'm sure that someone with more knowledge (or a micrometer) will correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so I have taken my .45AARP and swapped it to 9mm via 9mm X-Change kit, 9mm/40S&W/357Sig Slide Catch Assy, Grip Module, and of course 9mm magazines.

In order to go to 40S&W, you MUST change the Slide/Barrel assembly. With that done, you can swap the barrel for 357Sig using the conversion barrel available on the net.

That was my plan until pricing went through the roof on slides. I wanted to be able to have all 4 calibers available, for less than $900.00, but this day in age, its hard to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am kind of glad I didnt pull the trigger on an X-Change kit a few months ago. There is no .357sig or .40S&W ammo that I can find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had a CCW student ask me that question, and I had to tell him IDK, but I'll check it out.

He has a compact .40SW and was asking whether he can run a 9mm barrel and 9mm magazine using the .40 slide. I really don't know -- but it seems like a reasonable question.
he needs to get a 9mm compact barrel and a p320 9mm compact magazine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the 320, like on other guns (my experience is with the M&P full size and compact), you can put a 9mm barrel and mag on a 40 S&W but not the other way around. The rear of the barrel is just big enough on the 40 to not fit in a 9mm slide. I bought a 40 X change kit for my P320 9mm and everything else is compatible and exchangeable with the exception that you can’t use the 40 barrel in the 9mm slide.

I reload so I have a rotating stock of about 1000 40 S&W rounds and a few years worth of powder, primers and lead. If the shortage doesn’t end by then, I’ll start getting nervous or start shooting more rimfire.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts