SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen a 320 in 380acp, but I have a Sig 380acp barrel marked as P250/ P320. I am wondering why? Can this 380 barrel, (talking sc), be used in a 320sc? It is smaller, but not shorter, than the 9MM barrel. Are there plans in the works for a dedicated 320 in 380acp? I am new here, and new to the 320, which I just bought yesterday. Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have not seen any information about creating a P320 in 380 ACP. If you can carry 10 rounds of 9mm in a P365, then I'm not sure what the point would be in having a similar pistol in 380.

Reactions: Lab4Us

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
^^^^ ...and .380 round almost as big as 9mm so won’t fit more rounds in same size magazine.

About only upside I could see is if they made it (a .380) as easy to use (racking the slide) as the SW .380EZ to try and capture some of that crowd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the ease of racking the slide, low recoil, and feel in the hand. Those are the things my wife likes about her 250, in 380. But she hates the trigger. She loves the trigger on my same sized 320, but we are older, and the 9MM recoil is unacceptable to her. She has a 238, but likes the feel of her 250. We are hoping Sig makes a 380acp 320, especially since 380acp has become more liked with more women shooters, and better ammo selections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my first post. I did purchase a 380 ACP P250/P320 SC barrel as well as a 380 SC magazine from CDNN with hopes to convert my 9mm P320 to 380. The barrel is the correct length for the slide and dropped in like the 9mm barrel, but is much thinner. There may be too be too much slop at the end of slide like using a 9mm barrel in .40 cal slide. The magazine worked perfectly and I managed to chamber a 380 snap-cap. However, the 9mm guide rod springs were way too strong that the breach end of the barrel jammed at the top of the slide slightly riding upward. It took much effort to unjam. Even with weaker guide rod springs, I don’t it could function properly with the looseness at the muzzle end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
  • The outside diameter of a .380 barrel (0.471") is smaller than the outside diameter of a 9mm barrel (0.552"), so a .380 slide would be necessary for reliable operation.
  • A .380 recoil spring is markedly thinner and has fewer coils than a 9mm recoil spring.
  • A .380 slide also has lightening cuts that are absent on a 9mm slide, so differences in speed and momentum between the two slides would impair reliability.

Below is a photo showing a .380 barrel in a 9mm slide and recoil springs for a .380 (top) and 9mm (bottom).
At bottom is a photo showing the lightening cuts in the two types of slides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the good info'. Guess I'll just keep hoping on Sig for a 320 380acp. My wife does have the M&P EZ, but it isn't a Sig. Loads super easy, but just doesn't have as nice a feel, or the accuracy of her 250 380acp, no matter who is shooting it.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,290 Posts
Never been a fan of the 380 round.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Never been a fan of the 380 round.
It has it's place.

One of the smoothest shooters I have is the P238. I can see the appeal if the action on a .380 P320 or P365 was anything close.

The round itself may not be a one shot stopper, but it will leave a nasty mark. If your shot placement is just right, it can effectively scramble someone's CPU.

I do think Sig is due another .380 in their lineup. Just not sure if the P320 is the right platform because of it's size.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
You might want to check out a Bersa Thunder Plus if ya just gota have a 380 and chalk yupu your barrel amd mag as a learning experience . The PLUS is a 15 round double stack and DA / SA with a 20oz empty weight . Price is right too .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts