SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been a thread on here, even as of last year. I still have the wondering question. With the availability of Ammo being scarce now, but more along the line of ammo being more expensive, .22lr is becoming more of an option to train with your P320. For most of the popular handgun Models out there, they all have some sort of .22lr option. Even Glock has introduced their .22 model that they can train with to train with Lower cost ammo. I have not seen any announcements from Sig talking about a P320 and a .22lr Model or conversion kit. I have seen reference that striker fired pistols do not work with with .22lr, but many other companies are doing this. I would think Glock would be a good example.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure that at self defense ranges, they should be similar, but I do agree that there would be a difference. I would purchase one as well. I have a P229 22lr conversion, but I carry my P320 every days as well as practice. Dry fire works, but one needs to get out and feel some form of recoil.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It would be nice. I have a 1911-22 and a Beretta M9-22 to correspond to my 1911 and Model 92. I also have A Ruger Wrangler to correspond to my Taylor's and Company Ranch Hand in 45LC.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the closest thing I have found out there is one of the p250 .22's Similar manual of arms but hammer fired. Unfortunately noone makes a .22 conversion kit for the p320 that I have found thus far.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have seen reference that striker fired pistols do not work with with .22lr, but many other companies are doing this. I would think Glock would be a good example.
Name the companies with striker-fired .22LR pistols. I can count the ones I know about on one hand with a couple of fingers missing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Name the companies with striker-fired .22LR pistols. I can count the ones I know about on one hand with a couple of fingers missing.

TaurusTX™ 22. Actually a fun gun to shoot if you don't have one of the bad run of barrels which they quickly replace. Not bad for the money. As far as a 320 in 22lr? A third party vendor might. Right now Sig is using their capacity to fill the popular items .

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Well, striker fired 22 struggle even more than semi auto 22 generally. In the old days there were several 22 conversions for the G guns and most had a reputation of poor reliability. I tried two and got rid of them. If you want a .22 for training, the two to look at would be the Glock and Taurus. You’ll be practicing a lot of failure to feed, etc with them. But you’ll have a striker fired trigger.

In my case, I invested in a Dvorak Instruments CO2 system for my SIGs. Expensive at 3K but we can shoot 200 rounds a day in the office with very realistic recoil. All for the cost of CO2. It pays for itself after about 5000 rounds. Everyone using it for a couple months has dramatically better scores at the range. We do couple the Dvorak with a MantisX. Remarkably. Dvorak also makes the CoolFire at more affordable cost.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted something that had the same trigger and grip as what I am shooting. If I wanted a Glock, I would buy one. The question was for something in the same feel that I have now in my P320.

I also have a CO2 P320 and a mantis X system that I use for dry fire. It works for that purpose, but you will eventually need to get to the range for true recoil feedback. I have shot my 22lr conversion on my P229, but again, that is DA/SA. It does shoot with no issues, but that is not striker fired.

Good conversation in this thread however. It is good to see everyone's thoughts on this. I doubt Sig will ever come up with a Conversion kit for this ask. I do reload so having 9mm available is not an issue, but other options are always welcome.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I don’t think Sig will make new .22 LR conversion kit for the 320. They even discontinued the 22LR conversion for the 22x guns years ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lets hope they change that. They were not interested in a 380 striker model either, but the demand grew for that and they announced the P365 in 380.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I wanted something that had the same trigger and grip as what I am shooting. If I wanted a Glock, I would buy one. The question was for something in the same feel that I have now in my P320.

I also have a CO2 P320 and a mantis X system that I use for dry fire. It works for that purpose, but you will eventually need to get to the range for true recoil feedback. I have shot my 22lr conversion on my P229, but again, that is DA/SA. It does shoot with no issues, but that is not striker fired.

Good conversation in this thread however. It is good to see everyone's thoughts on this. I doubt Sig will ever come up with a Conversion kit for this ask. I do reload so having 9mm available is not an issue, but other options are always welcome.
I hear you and went down the same path. I will say that the Dovorak has the same impulse, if not greater, than the standard 9mm loads and of course we get the same trigger. Many people have tried the system and all are amazed at just how realistic it is. Absolutely have to get to the range. I guess I was saying that a strong CO2 system is probably more realistic than a .22 conversion. I have two P226/22 which are very reliable. But the CO2 converted P226 (not a pellet gun) is far more realistic. Still, I hope for a P320/22 someday. Can't see how with the G44 and Taurus they don't.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Lets hope they change that. They were not interested in a 380 striker model either, but the demand grew for that and they announced the P365 in 380.
And they've announced a P320/10mm and R2 and crickets for a long time. It just takes them a long time.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
. They were not interested in a 380 striker model either, but the demand grew for that and they announced the P365 in 380.
Talked to Phil Strader today. The 380 isn't dead. It's also not on the front burner. Issues with reliability weak hand are yet to be solved so they won't release it. Doubt it will be a big seller in any case.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If someone ever produces a 22 rimfire conversion kit, I would be interested. Since the 9mm and rimfire are of similar velocities, I would hope that the point of aim would be similar, but it's not likely.
A 22 LR conversion would come with its own slide and have sights on that slide that would accommodate 22, just like the Advantage Arms kit for Glocks. I'd love to see AA come out with one for the 320 since their business has had to take a hit with the Glock 44 coming out. The AA kit was reliable enough when you feed it the recommended ammo.

That said my favorite 22 LR striker fired gun is the TX 22. If Taurus can produce a striker fired rimfire that well, anyone should be able to do it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I wpuldnt be surprised if it comes from the aftermarket. I would bet its possible just might not be a complete reciprocating slide.
Would be nice to have a higher capacity mag as well like the tx22

1 - 20 of 51 Posts