SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I thought I would share my project of my 10mm P320.
I got a full size 40 S&W barrel re-chambered for 10mm, and modified a couple 45 ACP magazines to accept and hold the 10mm ammo.
I used a 40/357 full size slide with a 22-lb spring assembled with my 45 FCU and 45 grip module.
My initial test at an indoor range was with Winchester and Federal 180 grain FMJ. I tested for functionality and only fired one to a few rounds in each magazine.
I experienced a few loading malfunctions on one of the magazines, but each round was able to fire in my other magazine. I returned to the range with PMC Bronze 170 grain JHP and 200 grain FMJ-TC ammo.
I did experience the same type of loading malfunctions with the bad magazine, so I'll need to make some refinements to that magazine. I've never shot 10mm before, but this felt no more different than 45 ACP; probably on par with 45 ACP +P.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Run some true 10mm Auto ammo(180'[email protected] 1350+fps) through your Tupperware & you'll find many other issues.

Always wear a heavy welders type glove when shooting the Tupperware...to keep appendages in a neat,tidy mess.

Good Luck!!

10mm & 45ACP ammo runs well through P220 8rd&10rd magazines.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a reamed 40 barrel on the way any will be doing the exact same thing.

22lb spring might be a little heavy for those light factory 10mm loads.

I have the wilson guide rod and a mix of springs coming from wolff for 17 to 22lbs.

Do you have dimensions of feed lips that you modded?
How did you mod them, pliers vice ?

·
Registered
21,598 Posts
.... I've never shot 10mm before, but this felt no more different than 45 ACP; probably on par with 45 ACP +P.
That's because most 10mm ammo on the market is loaded to be about the same as .40S&W.

Get some of the good stuff from Underwood Ammunition or maybe Buffalo Bore. Underwood has a wide choice of loads from which to choose. But like most other ammo, it is all out of stock.

Reactions: BajaJames

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm really interested in how your project goes. 10mm is one of my favorite calibers. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's because most 10mm ammo on the market is loaded to be about the same as .40S&W.

Get some of the good stuff from Underwood Ammunition or maybe Buffalo Bore. Underwood has a wide choice of loads from which to choose. But like most other ammo, it is all out of stock.
Or you gotta reload...

****... if you are going to shoot 10mm you should reload any way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts