SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a p290 in .40? I have searched for one but cannot find one? There are p290 .40 mags on Gunbroker (2 listings by the same seller) but I can't seem to find any reference that there IS such a creature and no pictures of any that I can find? Any insight?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/640271490

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I emailed the guy the following email:

I am dying to buy these because I was really wanting a Sig P290 in .40. The only problem is that I cannot find any evidence that there IS such a creature as a p290 in .40? Is this a mistake in the listing or am I missing that these weapons exist? (I hope they exist cause I want one).

and this was his response:

Hello,
That is the correct magazine.
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
That mag in the link looks identical to the one I have in my hand. My bet?? 9mm

Reactions: ma6907

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
Looks exactly like all of my P290RS mags, but this gun has never been made in .40.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It's 9mm. The seller doesn't know what he's selling. Not a good omen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks exactly like all of my P290RS mags, but this gun has never been made in .40.
Weird. The base plate doesn't look anything like my 6 round 9mm P290RS mag. The rest of the mag looks the same. Perhaps a change in baseplates at some time? A quick look through the SIG store and I didn't see anything like that. Mine look just like the SIG store magazines.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p290-6rd-9mm-magazine.html

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We do hear sometimes (sometimes WAY after the fact) that Sig did some limited run of something special for "the Detroit Police" or something like that. Never makes any press or lists. I was thinking MAYBE it is like that? I sent him a follow up email that says. "Can you send me a picture of the packaging" but he has not responded. I think it is likely just an error but as I said, OCCASIONALLY these things DO come up. I also called Ryan Gagneux at Sig and left him a message. He is Legion support only now, but he will likely call me back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts