SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
We really need more info on the type of feed problems. Mine has been pretty much 100% except with standard velocity ammo.
Agreed, I have an 22 LR exchange kit for my P220, it definitely wants high velocity rimfire ammo in order to function correctly.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Agreed, I have an 22 LR exchange kit for my P220, it definitely wants high velocity rimfire ammo in order to function correctly.
I have a kit for my 229, and it basically is a single shot weapon without HV ammo (no you don't need MiniMags).

I bought an upper for my 250, and non-HV ammo allows you to do malfunction drills from time to time but HV is pretty much 100%.

One caution to those putting a CF upper on the P250-22. If the SCL has a small coil spring, you will have slide lockups on recoil. You need to get the button and stronger flat wire coil spring to keep the SCL from bouncing up (this is OEM on CF 250/320's).

Once you do this the weapon will be good to go with RF and CF ammo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With mine, it's not just the velocity, but the weight of the round. I tried using high-velocity lower-weight CCI (25 grain) and got consistent failure to feed problems. On the other end, higher weight (40 grain) but Standard velocity worked ~9 out of 10 rounds. The only consistent round I've found is the Mini-Mag, with 40 gr and 1250 fps velocity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.