SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a new P250 .22. I bought it because i love my p220 and needed a .22. So I have some issues and a problem, perhaps my expectations were too high.

Problem: No matter how I do it or what I try I cannot disassemble it. The slide always seems to hang up on something. It occasionally comes apart, but it always seems to be by accident. The purchase came with about 3 sets/versions of instructions, none of which work or apply. Some help here would be appreciated.

Issue: the trigger pull is so long there is no way I can keep it on target. Are there any mods or parts I can change to make this better?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congrats on the new piece. I haven't had many problems with mine, and originally bought it as a trainer for my other 250 models.

As for your second question, no mods that I'm aware of.

As for your first question, yes, I had the same problem. I figured out that the takedown lever does get hung up on something. But eventually I figured it out and haven't had trouble since.

Try this: Point the gun upward (north), then rotate the takedown lever 90 degress,then try removing the slide. Pointing the gun north causes the barrel and guide rod/spring to move slightly rearward, and enough to allow you to operate the takedown lever easily.

Try it and let me know. Good luck .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem - the recoil rod gets hung up on the take down lever. You have to find just the right angle for the lever for it to release or lock. It's a minor pain but frustrating every time.

Trevor

·
Registered
556 Posts
I did too at first. Then I found a small paper inside of the manual specifcally for the P250 .22. It described what I try to describe in my previous post.

After I started pointing it upwards, I never had another issue.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree. The takedown lever is very sensitive to position on take down and reassembly. I saw a youTube video that explained it but don't recall the link. Search it it and it will help.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Another vote for pointing the gun upward and removing the slide. The takedown lever sometimes, but not every time for me, gets hung up in the recoil rod/spring mechanism.

·
Registered
508 Posts
New guy here with a P250 22LR --

The problem is specific to the 22LR takedown lever. Instead of pushing it all the way over until it stops, the trick is to point the lever straight up/down -- then it will release the slide easily. There's also a trick to reassemble; in that you have to push back a bit on the front of the barrel to make the takedown lever catch the slide.

YouTube has a vid that explains this oddity with the 22lr series -- starting at about 8:00 minutes into the vid, the guy explains these issues in detail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts