SIG Talk banner

P245

653 27
Hello, new member from east TN. I picked up a nice used P245 at a show last week and got to shoot it today and very pleased with how it handles especially when pulling through from decocked hammer position. Only negative is the long travel in single action makes it a little difficult to shoot the reset as compared to my Glocks. Only got 50 rounds down range today so I'm sure that will improve with some trigger time and accuracy was very good. I will be looking for an OWB concealment holster (leather only) if anyone has a favorite they care to recommend. I tried to look at some adds in the marketplace section but it won't let me open any of them. Also, what's the consensus on best night sights for this model?

Nice to be onboard and thanks in advance for any tips.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

P228 Sherpa
There is no concensus on the "best" night sights. Each person has his own preference. For me, good old SIGLITE is just fine. I don't chase down the latest and greatest.

You might want to consider the SRT for shorter reset.

Registered
Sights are personal preference. The SIG X-Ray3鈥檚 are really low profile. I like the Trijicon XD-HR鈥檚, which are taller than SIGLITEs and have a narrower front blade. There鈥檚 a choice of yellow or orange front rings.

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Check Mitch Rosen Holsters | Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather , as they make the Sig branded leather holsters. Even though not listed they should have a P245 mold on hand, no doubt, while a P220 Compact should work, the slide is a little thicker dimensionally.

馃帠USA Veteran
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new pistol.
I like the Sig x-ray 3 sights myself. I have poor vision and I find I can really focus on that front sight clearly when punching steel or holes in paper.

馃帠USA Veteran
There is no concensus on the "best" night sights. Each person has his own preference.
True that! I like chocolate.

A question for Willard; if the OP installs the Short Reset Trigger mechanism (sear & safety lever), should he also update the decocking lever to the current P220 configuration?

Registered
True that! I like chocolate.

A question for Willard; if the OP installs the Short Reset Trigger mechanism (sear & safety lever), should he also update the decocking lever to the current P220 configuration?
The overall consensus is yes, to install the newer decock lever. When installing SRT kits in mine, I tried it both ways, old style and new style lever, with very little difference as to travel before decocking. I even compared two different P245s, side by side. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 That being said, the OP should probably install the newer lever, since it鈥檚 included.

On an older P220, with a lot of rounds down the pipe, the newer lever made a tremendous difference.

On P225s, both well used and pristine, it made hardly any difference.

YMMV

Registered
I put my 220 compact into a DeSantis iwb leather holster, which is very comfy. I don't recall the model (16+ years ago) but it's got 2 snap loops so if you like 3:30-4:00 position and your pants belt loop is in the way...you go one loop on each side. (it's in my photo/avatar)

Registered
I discovered the Ameriglo 鈥淧roGlo鈥 a year or so ago and I really dig em鈥

I haven鈥檛 installed this one, yet, on my P245. But I have the front on my P239:

Wood Grey Flooring Bumper Tints and shades

Tints and shades Wood Personal protective equipment Camera Wrist

The cool thing about it鈥 I just blacked out the factory rear and used the front. Makes an awesome sight picture. Definitely shoots to POA:

Air gun Font Gun barrel Revolver Trigger

Also, the P245 is fantastic. One of my most accurate pistols, period. I shoot it better than a P220鈥揳nd that鈥檚 with stock 3-dot sights:

Air gun Material property Magenta Shotgun Trigger

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all! Is this short reset kit a Sig part or aftermarket? I have a Tucker leather paddle holster on order now for a G36. If it turns out to be what I like I will get one for the 245. I will take a look at the X-rays but have had good experience with XS Big Dots and will most likely go that route. I just wanted to check if there was an all onboard "this is the cat's butt item" for this frame as I have spent a lot of money on "good holsters and sights" only to have them sit in the drawer. But that is part of the process to develop the best working rig for yourself. I have done it with HK's, Smith's and Colts so I guess now it's Sig time in the valley...

Much appreciated everyone, very courteous and welcoming for a new member...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts