SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Keith and I'm from Michigan, North of Detroit.

I picked up my Sig P245 used after going to the store to look at a used P225. I really like this model for size and Caliber. I didn't know the history of this pistol when I bought it and had some issues with extraction. Some brands of ammo worst than others.

This pistol a Two Tone model and is about 80% in appearance, but I didn't buy it for it's looks Right!

I recieved an E-mail from Sig about the Fathers Day Discount on thier Service Package (SSP). What a deal. Sent the pistol in with a explanation of the issue, they went through the pistol, cleaned, oiled, replaced worn springs and then diagnosed the ejection problem to the extractor and replaced it free of charge. Then of coarse replaced the stock sights with night sights.

Now shoots with no extraction problems so now it's dependable and Groups great.

I have fairly large hands and have no problem with the grip length, I have the stock (6) shot mags and also the (8) shot mags with the Xgrip which are a good addition to the package.

I bought and use this for my primary carry pistol, using several carry options. Because this is a discontinued model stock holsters and other accessories are not readily availably and I found you have to pick them up when you see them.

I'm glad to have a place like this to compare and get ideas from other members.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
I also have a P245 two-tone with nickel controls. It is a great carry gun. If you haven't already, get some of the P220 Compact mags for your P245. The base is just a tad bigger in the front and it makes a big difference in the grip of the gun.

·
Registered
55,067 Posts
sig treated you well, as they should. i've got a german 245.

sig228nut:
can the difference on the compact mag be seen in the one pic?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hello Keith, and welcome from Missouri to this great Sig forum. Good people and info here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.