SIG Talk banner

P239

1691 Views 21 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Firearms Collector
I just recently purchased a p239 .40. It was manufactured in 2005 according to Sig Sauer, i paid 450 bucks for it.. good purchase or bad...
Reactions: sigsrok
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,057 Posts
First off....welcome to ST. It's really difficult to assess without pictures but I would say that if it is in decent shape then you did alright. 40s are not as popular as 9mm in today's market. I have several 40s and actually prefer that caliber in my carry guns. There are better deals out there but I would say that 450 is average in this part of the world.

· Premium Member
13,057 Posts
That seems like a good price--unless it's really beat up. My belief has been that every used SIG (in good shape of course) has a bare minimum value, and I say $500 is probably that number for most of them. The P239 minimum value may be closer to $450. Any price less $500 on a good condition gun makes me happy.

· Registered
6,606 Posts
A few years ago I bought one with 1,000 rounds through it that included all original paperwork and box, 2 extra 8 round magazines, 1 extra 10 round magazine and a Crossbreed supertuck IWB holster for $500.00.

I'd say you have a good price.

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the welcome pleasantries. This pistol was 10 percent off at Cabelas. I also have a p320 with the srt in it, i will more than likely send this to Sig to have one installed.

· Registered
208 Posts
welcome from CA Bay Area.
any well thought out purchase of a SIG can't be all bad...

· Registered
534 Posts
You probably have a really good deal there depending on the condition of the gun....it most likely is in really good shape.

I just put a slightly used 239 in 9mm with two extra 8rd magazines on layaway for $579.

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you Sig owners know of any websites that might have .40 mags cheaper than 40.00. Thanks ahead of time

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thinking of doing that in given time, hopefully the barrels will interchangeable with my p320. I have not done my research yet....

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Duh my bad, dont know what the hell i was thinking. They wont , spoke before i actually thought that through. ..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.