SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cdnn has a really good deal on the 239 tac in 9mm. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my Glock 43 so I am in the market for a slightly larger CC gun. Anyone have any experience with concealing a gun with a threaded barrel? I know it's not ideal due to the extended barrel length but perhaps you gain slight accuracy and muzzle velocity. Thanks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Cdnn has a really good deal on the 239 tac in 9mm. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my Glock 43 so I am in the market for a slightly larger CC gun. Anyone have any experience with concealing a gun with a threaded barrel? I know it's not ideal due to the extended barrel length but perhaps you gain slight accuracy and muzzle velocity. Thanks.
I have been watching that sale. P239 is a good accurate compact gun. I own a P239 SAS 9 mm. It is great.

The extra 1/2" for the barrel extension should not be a detriment for CC. A good holster is a must. This gun comes with SRT included ( must for me), front serrations (take it or leave it but for the price I would take it), 3 magazine (good deal). If I did not own one already I would have gone for this deal.

In January I bought from them the P229 SAS. Good price for it. Two weeks ago they dropped the price on it by $90 for 2 days. I keep eyeing the P220 Super Match for a price drop. CDNN are good people to deal with. So far I have purchase two guns from them.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Yeah, I was disappointed when the LONG awaited G43 arrived at my LGS/Gun Range. It's the snappiest 9mm I'd ever shot!! My P225-A1 is a bigger/heavier gun, but a JOY to shoot, and a regular summer carry here too.

While we have a couple threaded barrel pistols, I don't CCW these pistols with those barrels mounted. These are full-sized guns that make the best suppressor hosts, and am uncomfortable the thread cover may snag on holster, apparel of something at the very worst moment...

Cheers

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
When I got my first SIG, it was a P229R 40 DA/SA with BarSto threaded barrel. I used the same gun for nightstand duty w/ Silencerco osprey suppressor and weapon light. In the morning the suppressor and light came off, a thread protector went on to transform into my carry gun.

The threaded barrel extension was never an issue. I used OWB and occasionally a shoulder holster

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the threaded barrel if the price on the package is good. For CC, especially IWB, I'd rather deal with a little extra "overall length" than a little extra "height" in the pistol and IMO, the P239 provides a very good balance between concealability and shootability.

If the length of the TB proves to be an issue for CC, just pick up a stock standard length barrel to use for CC and use the TB for special occasions or just sell it off. You'd still have a good deal on a darn fine pistol.

My only nitpick on the P239 chambered in 9mm is that it lacks the flexibility/capability of the same pistol chambered in 357 or 40; can't go up in caliber, but can go down. But if you never intend to shoot anything but 9mm, it's still a darn good pistol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesome gun for CC. It's what I use. The little extra length from the thread barrel shouldn't be an issue, and like others have said you can buy a standard and sell the threaded. Pick up a flush 8rd (if it doesn't come with one) and carry a 10 or two for reloads.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have one in 40. Very good gun for carry if on the heavy side but a good holster takes care of that.

This gun has the nice feature in that you can change calibers. The gun will handle 40, 357 and 9mm with just a mag/barrel swop.

Currently I am waiting on pay day to get a 9mm barrel. Opens the gun up for more flexibility based on practice ammo prices.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I would see if they still had any of the P239 SAS models. The tall sights and threaded barrel will prove to be a PITA, and if you sell the (matching serial numbered) threaded barrel, it will devalue the pistol.

They do have the HK VP9 SK in stock, but i would look for the P30 SK

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
I would see if they still had any of the P239 SAS models. The tall sights and threaded barrel will prove to be a PITA, and if you sell the (matching serial numbered) threaded barrel, it will devalue the pistol.

They do have the HK VP9 SK in stock, but i would look for the P30 SK
Wasn't aware that SIG was serializing the barrels on current US production P239s.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Wasn't aware that SIG was serializing the barrels on current US production P239s.
They are not. Last weekend helped a friend with a new P239 SAS 9 mm with take down, assembly, cleaning and just plain gun basics before range session. Born date was February of this year. I only notice serial # on the frame.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Just picked up one of these P239 tactical models. Great little pistol, no high sights on this tactical, no serialized barrel. I don't see the TB being an issue for my wife's chosen carry method. This is the first SRT I have shot, looks like the MK25's will be getting an upgrade!
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Revolver

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts
I'm surprised a SRT kit hasn't made its way into your MK25 yet, anyway! Congratulations on the acquisition for your better half... if you ever do get a can for it, you can always add the taller sights, until then enjoy it as it is!
This wouldn't happen to be one of CDNNs $699.99 specials would it? Since they're now out of stock, on them!

Reactions: jtallen83

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'm surprised a SRT kit hasn't made its way into your MK25 yet, anyway! Congratulations on the acquisition for your better half... if you ever do get a can for it, you can always add the taller sights, until then enjoy it as it is!
This wouldn't happen to be one of CDNNs $699.99 specials would it? Since they're now out of stock, on them!
Got it at my LGS, $640. I had asked him about this model a week ago and he had never heard of it, he got his weekly shipment yesterday and one of these was in the batch so he called me.
I don't find a need for tall sights when shooting suppressed, I just aim through the suppressor. I will need to get the proper piston for my TiRant 45, both my MK 25's have SilencerCo barrels threaded 1/2 x 28.
I truly did not know what I was missing with the SRT, must make sure I have the funds set aside before the next father's day special arrives;)

Reactions: Willard

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts
That was a little better than CDNNs price, the SRT kits for the 226 is only the sear and safety lever, and only $49 each @ Sig, or only $44.99 each @ MidwayUSA. Only takes a few minutes to install them, and you have already seen the results. Besides, Fathers Day is a long way off!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
300 rounds through this P239 tactical and no issues. Shoots very soft for a pistol this size. Accuracy has been very impressive, I usually struggle a bit with a new pistol but this one was just right for me. All that's left is spending a bunch on SD ammo to see if it doesn't like a particular round and then turning it over to the wife to get familiar with before she starts to carry it.

Reactions: Willard

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
my 239 in .40 is my default CC gun, some say its heavy for its side but I don't mind the weigh, it makes the 239 a very soft shooter, I don't think you will have issues with the extra 1/2" of barrel for CCing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.