SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, jack here, I have a p239 stainless 40 cal. I put on SS0758 Nill Grips, looks great and I have NEVER fired the gun! Bought it 3/16/12 also has 4 magazines! I see it isn't available on the Sig site, but a beautiful gun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sig p239 Stainless

I have a P239 Stainless 40 cal with SS0758 Nill Grips with 4 magazines, bought it 3/16/12 and have NEVER fired the gun.. It is one beautiful weapon.. Jack

·
Registered
35,489 Posts
Hi, jack here, I have a p239 stainless 40 cal. I put on SS0758 Nill Grips, looks great and I have NEVER fired the gun! Bought it 3/16/12 also has 4 magazines! I see it isn't available on the Sig site, but a beautiful gun!
Welcome to Sig Talk.
They all say stainless on the slide. Do you have a stainless frame ?
There is a noticeable difference in weight, between an alloy frame nickel plated and a full stainless frame.

If you got a full nickel Gun of the month then Congrats, that was a great purchase.
I have a full nickel 229, that is beautiful.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I picked up this nickel P239 from artimus009 here on SigTalk. The Sig CS rep I talked to wasn't able to tell me when it was made, so I'll have to try them again to see if I can get an exact date. When I bought it, he included his original receipt dated 06/2005, which puts it right there in the time frame to be the 04/2005 GOTM.

I just got it back Friday after sending it off to Sig for the service package. Compared to my nitron P239, it is 4 oz heavier. I changed the grips out to the Hogue aluminum ones. The gloss is OK, but I wish it was the matte finish to match my other SS models.

P239_Nickel_1.JPG

P239_Nickel_2.JPG

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
I picked up this nickel P239 from artimus009 here on SigTalk. The Sig CS rep I talked to wasn't able to tell me when it was made, so I'll have to try them again to see if I can get an exact date. When I bought it, he included his original receipt dated 06/2005, which puts it right there in the time frame to be the 04/2005 GOTM.

I just got it back Friday after sending it off to Sig for the service package. Compared to my nitron P239, it is 4 oz heavier. I changed the grips out to the Hogue aluminum ones. The gloss is OK, but I wish it was the matte finish to match my other SS models.

View attachment 16128

View attachment 16129

Either way that is very pretty

·
Registered
55,365 Posts
there's never been an all stainless 239.

·
Registered
55,365 Posts
someone thinks they have a stainless 239 & why i answered the question from the op back in dec '13..

Sig p239 Stainless
I have a P239 Stainless 40 cal with SS0758 Nill Grips with 4 magazines, bought it 3/16/12 and have NEVER fired the gun.. It is one beautiful weapon.. Jack

Reactions: jerman

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
So it's a nickel finish on an alloy frame?

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
35,489 Posts
It would really defeat the purpose to have an all stainless 239. The 239 was designed for carry. The 226 and also the 229 are target guns.
I shoot my 239 target and like it, but I know it was meant for carry.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have one in pristine condition that is for sale. Contact me for photos and details. 05' Satin Nickel .40 Beautiful gun. $950. Gave it to my dad, a retired cop, he is a revolver guy and wouldn't trust semi auto and put it in his safe for the last 6 years. Gave it back to me at Thanksgiving.
You should really start a new thread for this one. In the classifieds or pistols.
I'm sure someone will be interested. Pics will be a must.
Short on gun-fun-funds right now or I'd be interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
239 stainless 9 mm

Gentlemen, my name is Frank, was a past gun dealer for about 15 years, I have a Sig 239 Stainless, new in box, with extra clip, IMGP3989.JPG will try and send some pics, thanks Frank.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Gentlemen, my name is Frank, was a past gun dealer for about 15 years, I have a Sig 239 Stainless, new in box, with extra clip, View attachment 21018 will try and send some pics, thanks Frank.
Not to be a doubting thomas, but how can you tell that the frame is stainless steel.

p.s. How much?

p.p.s. I do believe in unicorns.

Edit: Can you post a pic of the stickers on the case?

·
Registered
3 Posts
239 stainless

Cant swear proof positive, slide is marked stainless, frame is not black as many are, seems to match slide in color and texture, no markings on frame other than ser.#, have been on many sites trying to find out more information, only finding all black or two tone . Purchased new in box and has remained un-fired, not sure about selling at this point. Thanks for your response, new to this site.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Cant swear proof positive, slide is marked stainless, frame is not black as many are, seems to match slide in color and texture, no markings on frame other than ser.#, have been on many sites trying to find out more information, only finding all black or two tone . Purchased new in box and has remained un-fired, not sure about selling at this point. Thanks for your response, new to this site.
Welcome to the forum.

Is there a model number on the sticker on the box?

·
Registered
55,365 Posts
not to be rude but you swore proof positive in your 1st post that you have something that most here would swear doesn't exist but many sigs do have aluminum frames & stainless slides.

attach a magnet on the frame, i'm betting it won't stick.

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
not to be rude but you swore proof positive in your 1st post that you have something that most here would swear doesn't exist but many sigs do have aluminum frames & stainless slides.

attach a magnet on the frame, i'm betting it won't stick.
Well, he didn't exactly "swear proof positive" now did he?

21 - 40 of 90 Posts