SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I see that there was a P239 that was produced with the rainbow finished slide, but from what I understand there were not very many made. I see there's one on GB currently, but I'm assuming these popups are few and far between.

I know Sig will refinish your slide if you send it into them for a cost, but is this the case with the rainbow slides? I know they still make the P238 in this finish, but that doesn't automatically mean they will redo it for you.

So I guess the point I am getting to is: if I were to purchase a standard Nitron P239, and send it off to Sig, would they be willing to refinish it with the rainbow finish for a premium cost? I was going to give them a call this Monday and see what they have to say, but seeing as it's the weekend, I figured I would pop a thread here and see what the fellow SigTalkers have to say.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since they don't produce those guns anymore, I'm guessing the finish is not available.
I know they stopped making the P239 in rainbow; I thought they still made the P238 rainbow since they still have it on their site, but i wouldn't be surprised as it's kind of a one-off color and makes sense as it seems hard to produce.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of their finishes aren't contracted out. If that's the case maybe they will tell you who they used for the rainbow finish and you can contact them.
That's a good point; I'll have to give them a call tomorrow (well, later today lol) and see what they have to say.

Thanks to both of you for the insight!

·
P228 Sherpa
7,420 Posts
Special finishes are indeed contracted out. However, my recommendation is that you still have your slide refinished by going through SIG. That way, even though your slide will be refinished by the contractor, your paperwork/documentation will say it was done by SIG.

If you go directly to the contractor, your slide will forever be labeled as done by someone other than SIG. This might be important, should you decide to sell your SIG down the road.;)

This is a P228 of mine that I had SIG refinished the original blued slide to nickel. The nickel plating was done by a refinisher local to SIG, according to the SIG CSR. He didn't tell me who, and I didn't ask.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:
Called Sig and they said they do not offer refinishing of this kind. DARN. They did say the rainbow finish is done in-house, but they will not refinish a gun that is not already a rainbow gun, even for a pretty penny. Guess the search for third party companies continues. Sadly, it seems most of them are "Glock Only" custom part companies and arent willing to work with anything that isnt a Glock slide that they make themselves...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow, that Rainbow finish is something. Bet it is not an easy process either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.