SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $1K a good value for a P239 with a stainless slide and very little usage a wear?

Thanks In Advance!
Lee

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Much to high IMO. All P239s have stainless steel slides; some are Nitron (black) finished, some are natural stainless finished.

I'd put the price between $400 to $650 depending on condition and completeness of kit (case, mags, etc.). The SAS models bring a bit more.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Pedorro.
You have to remember 2 things when you ask a question like that.
1. Most members here are stuck in the 1960s when it comes to prices. Add to that they are also (most of them) Cheap suckers and you get a deflated view of Value.
2. Regardless of how cheap it is, they will wax poetic about how they have had or would have had a better deal if they had been interested. And of course ALL of them want to Bargin so they feel they got a DEAL.

Now for the facts. the 239 is a Out of Manufacture piece that has been stopped due to SIG wanting to commoditize on the 9MM Market. With the FBI saying 9MM is now the wonder kind of firearms calibers, and Cheap Jerks being the Accountants for Police departments everywhere, only a few other calibers are being made. So, we have a decrease in the interest in Single Stack weapons. So the ones on the market are fewer and farther between.

Why? Because the 239 is in all 3 decent calibers (9MM, .40, and 357 SIG) and most people who have one carry it every day. Like Me. Now the SAS goes for the $700 or so (Depending on condition) and others slightly less. But check gun broker. Which gives you the average SELLING Price of weapons (not the price people would pay for it here).

Us That as your real world barometer. And remember. The Price is what YOU are willing to pay. Others matter to them.

I probably should apologize to those collectors here who would tell you not to buy it. The Better question to ask them is "What would You Sell Yours for?" That determines what the Value is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your feedback! The price definitely seemed a bit high and, not being familiar with the model, thought this was a good place to check in (and I've since looked on Gun Broker). I'm certainly not adverse to paying a bit of premium for something of quality. But seeing as this was not on my radar, it probably makes sense to pass.

I failed to note it is a 9mm.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I paid less than $600 for my Scorpion 2 years ago BNIB. It's in .40 but I like .40.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does GOTM stand for anything in particular? I did a quick search and nothing along the lines of a definition popped up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just bought a(nother) P239 9mm on Gunbroker for $600. It's used (probably an LE trade) with some minor holster wear, no special finishes or bells/whistles. One mag, no box.

As someone who's often on the hunt for P239s, that feels like more or less the "going rate." If you get a worn-out POS, it'll be less. If you get one that's more pristine, with a box, etc.... it'll be more.

This brings my P239 total to 3.

I've got one in .357 that I've been carrying and shooting the last few months. Now, when I switch back to 9mm, I'll have two to work with. Figure they ain't gonna get any cheaper.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a LEO trade in from AIM last year for $400. It was unissued, like new with box , 3 magazines and all papers. Mine is .357 Sig. later I bought .40 and 9mm barrels for it.

Sounds high to me, but we are in crazy times.......

P239 is a great gun. One of my favorites.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,783 Posts
Does GOTM stand for anything in particular? I did a quick search and nothing along the lines of a definition popped up.
GOTM = Gun Of The Month, a program where Sig introduced some limited runs of "One-Off" models. Normally I believe, they actually had a "drawing", giving one away, each month. Started in the early 2000s, well before I entered the world of the Internet. http://www.guidosst.com/GOTMs.html

Reactions: Superzuki

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
If it were new as in never transferred, 1K might be a 2020 going rate for a 9mm P239 SAS in Nitron. Mainly because they are discontinued and those as NIB are just not available. NIB non-SAS in Nitron might be in the 900+ range.

Used (previously transferred) with almost no wear, I would expect to see a non-SAS bring $600-850 in a non-covid, non-election, non-panic atmosphere. We are not currently living in that situation unfortunately.

Moderate but light wear 500-600. Non-covid, non-election.

Greatly depends on what the buyer will pay. In spring 2018, nothing special was going on and the retail price for a NIB never-transferred 9mm SAS was 700-750. In .40, they were 800-865.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a P239, all black chambered in 9mm with 5 mags. Firearm has never been fired, but a few of the mags have been loaded. Comes with original manuals and carrying case. It's probably ~15 years old.

Any idea what this might be worth or where I can find market price?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts