SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase 10rd magazines or a +1 mag extension for a 9mm p239.

I've tried the Galloway +1 mag but didn't have much luck. After feeding 8-9 rounds, the mag wouldn't lock back into the gun.

Does anyone know where I can source reasonably priced p239 10mm magazines or +1 extensions?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,788 Posts
In addition to the fact, the P239 has been discontinued, Sig still does a run of the 8 round 9mm magazines so often. You can "subscribe" to a couple of dealers, which will give you notifications when they become available, Osage County Guns, and Midwest Gun Works.

The 10 round magazines do not have that option, and only show "discontinued".

My best recommendation would be to search auction sites often, such as Gun Broker.

Galloway is the only extension I am currently aware of, depending on how "old" your magazine was, you may try a new magazine spring to cure the "hold open" problem. Wolff Gunsprings has them available... https://www.gunsprings.com/SIG-SAUER (SIGARMS)/P239/cID1/mID4/dID256#1065

Reactions: Firearms Collector

·
Registered
359 Posts
eBay has them but it will cost you an arm, leg or liver.

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
The 10 round mags are absolutely awful. I've converted mine to 9 rds with SIG +1 extensions.

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
FYI, the SIG +1's are for the .40/.357 mags, but I've had good results with the 9mm mags. So far I've shot several thousand rounds through about 10 mags with zero malfunctions.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Bought 2 years ago. Function fine, but hard to come by. I believe (this was 6 years ago) i bought from Sig.

·
Registered
18,268 Posts
I had two of the 10 round mags and sold them. They were not reliable.
Did you have the 10-rounders with plastic bases or aluminum bases? I've yet to try the aluminum base mags, which seem to be much better built.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Never had a problem with my wife's 10 round mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts
were these sig 10 round mags?
I'm almost considering selling my p239 and getting something a little more modern where parts are readily available.
Yes, they were Sig magazines.

I still have the 9mm even though it pretty much sits unused in the safe. I'm not worried about parts.

I carry the .357 P239 regularly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts