SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

New here and pretty mechanically inclined. I love to "get into" my guns and I'm usually great at working out what I can't find online... however....

After some failures at the range I did my first complete disassembly of my P238 HD and thought "I've got this"... and then a very small spring and what looks like a second, smaller sear dropped out when I pulled the trigger out. 馃檮

I didn't think twice when I needed to take 2 pins out, but one is clearly for the mini-sear and sits behind the main trigger pin by about a centimeter.

I've looked all over online and everything shows just one pin.

Does anyone have any idea in what way this spring and mini-sear go back in? I will likely try variations but between the small space provided, needed finger dexterity and the pin that is hard to work in the first place.. this is going to take a while and I can only hope I don't create some form of malfunction.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
So as I look around... only the California HD version of the P238 has this item... I'm assuming it's part of another of California's inane safety requirements.馃檮

This is my work carry (small enough to conceal well on my ankle) so I really need this functional. Any and all suggestions are appreciated at this point.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Sigandcz.... thatis indeed an HD but it does not have the California idiot pin (yes, I have officially renamed it) or that mini-sear/spring duo I referred to.

Thank you for your efforts though, they are appreciated my friend!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
So after searching high and low... ONE person mentioned online that it's the California Mag Disconnect... my P238 won't fire if the magazine is not fully seated into position. Yep, it's the "California Idiot Pin".

As I understand it I can drop the disconnect and add a new trigger and all good. Just have to order a nice new trigger now. (Always looking for a way to enhance my experience anyhow 馃い )

Registered
Agreed, it's your CA mandated magazine disconnect.

Do you need to replace the trigger? Couldn't you just remove the "mini sear" and spring and then reinstall the pin to fill the hole.

I personally haven't worked on one with the mag disconnect. Could you post some pics of the hardware?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed, it's your CA mandated magazine disconnect.

Do you need to replace the trigger? Couldn't you just remove the "mini sear" and spring and then reinstall the pin to fill the hole.

I personally haven't worked on one with the mag disconnect. Could you post some pics of the hardware?
I went ahead and left it disconnected but still pinned internally. The small spring with a dogleg on it isn't engaged and the Mag Disconnect is flipped so as to not engage the trigger or magazine. It doesn't seem to hamper the function at all like that.

I'm headed to the range today and then I'll report on it's functionality and get pics of items when I do my cleaning. I'll leave them out when I reassemble.

Try a Tillamok Stainless Steel trigger. They come in natural SS and Black. I have them installed on both of My p238s and P938s.
I'm already considering one of those, thanks. The trigger isn't half bad, but can definitely use a slightly smoother upgrade and the adjustment will undoubtedly help the feel and function.馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
The gun ran flawless at the range. Any faults were due to my accuracy with any firearm..lol.

One pic is right after the range (so forgive the cleanliness of the gun please) of the spring on the trigger pin and the Mag Disconnect on the lower pin.

Then the spring (both on edge and on side), the disconnect and the disconnect pin.

I hope this helps anyone with future needs!

Attachments

Registered
I too would recommend the Tillamook trigger. I installed smooth ones in both my P938 and my wife's P238. Doing that made both guns much more comfortable to shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts