SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted up a thread before on the size. Both are the extreme and both are recent models. The P938 and P238 are pretty close on accuracy. 250rnds through the P938 by me and my bro and zero problems. Multiple problems using low pressure reloads on the P238 but still no problems with high pressure JHPs. Of course this is expected of the 380. Now onto Recoil. WOW. After reading so many threads on how similar they are. No comparison. The p938 majorly indented me and my friends hands. Would hurt to put over 100 rounds by yourself through this gun. More effective round but not as comfortable and fun as the 380. Brother didnt mind it all. So for the recoil sensitive type. The 380 is for you :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've shot my 938 so much that yesterday I threw 200 rounds down range and didn't feel anything. Scar tissue. lol. But I have heard that the 238 is very mild.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've had and shot both (still have the 938) and the difference is noticeable on recoil. I would have to agree that the .380 is more fun as a plinker but I haven't had any problems shooting over 100 rounds in any one range session. Could be me but the 938 doesn't give me problems at all. But again, the 238 is like shooting a .22 in terms of comfort. You can comfortably shoot all day without issue.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I must have weird hands, because I've shot 400 rounds in one range trip with my 938, and never noticed anything. At one point I was getting a small cut on my right thumb, where the bottom of the safety was hitting my hand, but I adjusted my grip, got comfortable, and now it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 238 and have shot a friend's 938. Admittedly I'm recoil sensitive, but I agree with the OP - there's a big difference. I love my 238 and wouldn't want a 938. It's just too snappy for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am glad to hear the 238 is so mild. My wife is recoil sensitive and does not enjoy my 938. I think the stainless 238 would be even better for her.

I love shooting the 938 and do not notice any discomfort after 250 round range sessions. Recoil must be subjective. I am used to 357magnum and handloaded "Ruger only" 45Colt rounds, so the 938 feels easy.

Everyone is different and thankfully we have so many choices.

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
We have a number of pistols at the house and my wife carries a 238 hands down. She has a 239 9 mm and 938 and doesn't shoot either anymore. The 238 is a lot of fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might try putting on a set of the Hogue rubber grips to solve your issue with the recoil. I have a P938 and have shot several hundred rounds thru it and have never had an issue with recoil. My wife has a P238 and we had to put rubber grips on it after she shot my 938. Now she's happy to shoot all day.

One very important note should you decide to put the rubber grips on. The factory grip screws will not work with the rubber grips and will cause the gun to lock up tight. Either order the shorter screws or order the factory (Sig) grips which come with the correct screws. Only problem with the factory grips is they are twice the price as the Hogue.

In my opinion the P938 in one of the best 9mm pistols available for its size.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The recoil on the P238 was the main reason I bought mine. Arthritis and recoil does not go well together. I have only done two range visits with it so far, but shot a little over 100 rds each time with no aches or pains. I'll agree that it is a lot like shooting a .22!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am glad to hear the 238 is so mild. My wife is recoil sensitive and does not enjoy my 938. I think the stainless 238 would be even better for her.
My friend has the stainless (HD) model P238, and she thinks the recoil is slightly less than the basic model she had first. That would make sense since the HD weighs a few ounces more. However, I tried the HD and didn't think it was noticeably different from my own 238, which is a Rosewood Tribal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I shoot both the P226 and P938. After shooting the P938 for 50 rounds and going back to the P226, I don't feel it anymore...like driving a big old Cadillac. But, I rather have the recoil, knowing full well, it's better to give than to receive!

·
Registered
629 Posts
My only subcompact, before today, was a LCP380. I added a P938 to the stable this morning and will shoot it tomorrow. I'm guessing the 938 can't be much snappier than the LCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.