SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi al, I just purchased a new P238 today that was called a "Sport" model. It looks exactly like the "Nightmare" version of the P238 on the Sig website, but there is no Sport. In doing a bit more looking on the net, it appears a "Sports12" version may also be the same? A bit confused, did the Sport or Sports12 just become the Nightmare? Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, found an old thread more or less asking the same question. Answer there seemed to be the SPORTS12 is its own production trim variant. With this information and giving to the fact that the grip on my gun is the same as the "Desert" trim package, I am guessing it is not the predecessor name for the current Nightmare trim (with the more traditional 1911 style grip)? My case indicates as being a SPORTS12 with a manufacture date of 12/5/2016, and I am the first to handle it, so happy with that. Excited to shoot it.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
The Sport models of the 238 and 938 are limited edition SIGs, sold through special dealers.

I had a P938 Sport 13 about 4 years ago. It was Nitron, with nickel controls, TruGlo front sight, Hogue rubber grips, 7 & 6 round mags, and a plastic holster.

Never was on SIGs website.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sport models of the 238 and 938 are limited edition SIGs, sold through special dealers.

I had a P938 Sport 13 about 4 years ago. It was Nitron, with nickel controls, TruGlo front sight, Hogue rubber grips, 7 & 6 round mags, and a plastic holster.

Never was on SIGs website.
Thanks, that makes a lot more sense now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had it out to the range yesterday for its first time. Shot 200 rounds though it, very nice shooter. Two FTEs, but I am not going to be too concerned about this with it still being brand new. Definitely prefer the extended mag, as it fits my hand quite comfortably.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I doubt a mustang mag would work in a 938 since the mustang is a .380 and 938 is a 9mm.
A while back I was looking at a Kimber micro 7 round mag and thought it looked a lot like my 238 mag, but at half the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.