SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm re posting this in hopes someone can give me an answer.
I have a new P238 Rosewood Tribal, the tribal pattern on the slide does not appear to have a rainbow pattern on most of the markings. They are just purple in color. I wanted to know if this is normal or should I contact customer support for a replacement. Thanks in advance for your help.:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is purple on one side and more yellow on the other. The top is mostly purple. I've seen one that had some green also. The grip screws on mine are strongly green. They're all different.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I already told you that the color you see depends on the thickness of the transparent oxide layer deposited on the reflective metal surface.

Look up 'interference' on Wikipedia, it's the same phenomenon that gives various colors to soap bubbles or oily water surface.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not an answer to your question but here is a picture of my P238 Rosewood Tribal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks much. How about the other side, is there any gold color in any of the tribal markings? The one I saw at a gun store was definitely rainbow in all the markings. That is why I ordered it for my wife. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoke with Sig today and got the answer to my question.
Thanks for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts