SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until recently my shooting experience with pistols has been with Glocks.

I bought my first Sig, a P238, a few months ago. Although I cleaned and lubricated per Sig's recommendations it prior to my first trip to the range, I had numerous failures the first trip. These included FTE, FTF, and failure of the slide to lock back after the last shot. After about 50 rds. it seemed extremely dry and I stopped firing it.

I cleaned and lubricated it before my next trip to the range. Again after about 50-75 rds. it became extremely dry. I added some lubrication at the range and that seemed to help.

Prior the to next trip I cleaned and lubricated it. This time I added some grease to the slide and rails and to the points identified in the lubrication sticky. It functioned better but the slide continued to fail to lock back after the last shot a few times. It has about 400 rds. through it now.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions as to how to eliminate the failure of the slide to lock back after the last rd.

· Registered
67 Posts
Number your magazines with small pieces of masking tape and a black felt tip pen. Keep notes to identify which, (if any) magazines are causing problems.
Your problem might be solved by nothing more than disassembling your magazines and cleaning them thoroughly, and lightly lubricating them with a thin oil such as CLP. (Clean magazines yearly)
Sig sometimes coats their magazines with cosmoline (think Vaseline) which leaves them sticky and gums them up. This can cause feeding problems if the cosmoline is not cleaned off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.