SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick story to lol about.

About three years ago I bought my first p238. I kept it in my cargo pants pocket most of the time.

Well one day I hopped on the motor cycle to take a ride. Well I decided to give it a quick rip on the back road around the corner from my house. While doing so I felt something sizeable and hard hit my shin. I thought it was a kicked up rock but nothing was in front of me to kick one up. Then I saw something shiny in my mirror. Uh oh. I immediately knew what it was. I turned around and all the way my heart was pounding. I got off and it was pretty bad. The slide was forced back and stuck even though the safety was on and it was hung up. It was scratched to hell and back. The frame was bent. It was bad.

I forced the safety off and forced the slide back. I got it cleared and reinserted the mag. I was wondering if I could still get one shot off if my life depended on it. I seriously doubt it would cycle. Well I forcibly racked the slide. It loaded the bullet in the chamber! I unloaded it and pulled the trigger and the hammer dropped. So I think it would have worked.

After Sig looked st it they said it was hammered. Not fixable at all. They offered me a new one at a really great price.

Just a quick lol/omg/I'm an idiot for carrying like that story. Now I AIWB with appropriate holster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stuff happens. You are not an idiot, but try to secure the new p238 more carefully going forward. The good news is the excellent sig customer service in response your situation.

Yup. Totally dumb on my part. I've come a long way. At first I told myself I was all set because I got a gun. Didn't matter how I carried it. Didn't matter I only shot at paper at the range and no holster draw and fire practice.

Then I got a AIWB holster and started carrying correctly. But I still didn't practice a draw and fire.

Then I finally woke up and figured out I should actually try the potentially life saving maneuver and practice it. Very big eye opener. I look back at how ignorant I was and how glad I never needed my gun. Hoppe I never "need" it but at least I practice now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.