SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured i would post some info since I was having this problem before I bought my P238. I ended up with the P238 and my brother loved mine so he got the P938 extreme. I paid 527 and he paid 600. Gunbroker before shipping and transfer fee. The guns are both great. Mine is indeed lighter loaded then his is empty. He thinks mine is to small and i think the opposite. So if you are wondering whether the P938 is to big. Then you probably should stick with the P238. Especially if you plan to pocket carry. This is my first post other then the introductory so i figured i would post something useful. Range report coming Saturday!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,589 Posts
If You compare the Measurements, There is Very little difference in them. Same Manual.
I use an Uncle Mikes # 1 without the retention Strap. Also have a de Santis Pocket Tuk
that You can remove the Clip and use as a Pocket holster. Both are really IWB holsters

·
Registered
31 Posts
Admittedly I'm recoil sensitive, but that's the difference for me, not the size. A friend who has both let me shoot both. I have a P238 and am very fond of it. I have no desire for a P938. It was too snappy for me, and I know I wouldn't practice with it as much as one should.

·
Registered
100 Posts
when i saw my p938 at the gun shop there was a p238 nearby, actually thought it was a 238 also until the guy behind the counter told me what it was. For me the 380 is not as easy to find as 9mm ammo. thats been a prime reason ive steered clear of that caliber. cant find ammo cant shoot. That said i find the p938 very concealable and comfortable to carry all the time every day all day cept at work, gfz. I guess you could call it snappy, but imo its no more snappy than a full size 1911 with full on hardball loads. Faster more accurate repeat shots than i got with my lc9.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It feels like the weight is a tad more for my preference for pocket carry. But theres nothing gonna stop me from carrying my brothers here soon to try it out. Im in Florida so my clothing is always very light. I will know soon enough!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.