SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I cleaned my Sig, the slide stop release spring popped out. I can not figure out how to insert the spring back in. The diagram does not show tis in an installed position. If anyone can help here with a photo of it installed or good description on re-installing it, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The first time I cleaned my Sig, the slide stop release spring popped out. I can not figure out how to insert the spring back in. The diagram does not show tis in an installed position. If anyone can help here with a photo of it installed or good description on re-installing it, would be appreciated.
If it's the same as on a P230, I can take some pics tonight. Mine tries to come off every time I remove the slide and particularly when cleaning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spring release

That is what happened when I was cleaning for the first time. Used to mostly 1911 frames, so this one was a surprise. I am wondering how wide spread this is since most gun suppliers are out of stock on this past, mine is on backorder

Thanks for the photos :D

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Lower right parts bag is for the P232, I have a parts kit for every Sig just for the reason cited in your post. I just checked Top Gun and the parts bag is in stock.

SIG P232 .380 PARTS KIT - Top Gun Supply

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sarge
I want to thank you again for the assist, I got the parts kit yesterday and installed the spring.

One question, the recoil spring in the kit was much longer than than the one on it, does this spring compress that much over the years?

Top:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem cleaning my P232, the spring shot off into eternity. I just received a replacement spring but I am having trouble installing. I found this forum, but none of the pictures are available. I would appreciate any help to fix my $500 hammer.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,434 Posts
I had the same problem cleaning my P232, the spring shot off into eternity. I just received a replacement spring but I am having trouble installing. I found this forum, but none of the pictures are available. I would appreciate any help to fix my $500 hammer.
Look in the Gunsmithing Sticky section, there are some downloadable Sig Armorers manuals, and there is one for the P230, check out Chapter 10.2.3 for the Slide Catch Lever Spring removal and replacement. The P232 procedure should be the same!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You can use a screwdriver or a punch to lock the spring in place. Take the punch or screwdriver at the bend of the spring and slide to the right. This should lock it into place and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts