SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A gun shop in my area had a guy that just traded 2 German SIGs.

I called on phone, didn't view the guns yet.

P232, all black, with stainless controls. Rep said it's an early edition of the 232. I never heard about this version of a 232. For those who know the 232, is this true or did this guy modify the gun???

P220, West German, JF, trip serials, blue case, owners' manual, test target, black plastic grips. Excellent + condition.

Going there tomorrow AM to probably spend more money!

The SigNess continues................

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The p232 is a hard one. I can't see why it would be made all black with stainless controls. Maybe the p232sl two tones, can't remember what their controls are.

The p220, nice score if at a decent price.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
Some two tones (natural stainless slide with black anodized alloy frames) had the silver controls. Haven't seen an all black version with silver controls which is not to say they don't exist.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts
sigsrok, I can remember some of the Sig models had nickel plated "controls", but not in particular the 230/232. If it comes with the original box, maybe there will be a clue...

The 220 will be early, for sure... Good Luck on the "Inspection Tour"!

Reactions: sigsrok

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I went to gun shop this morning.

P232 NMR really exists. All black frame and slide, Nickel trigger, hammer, and grips screws. Stainless de-cocker and slide lock. SIG-Hogue rubber grips.

Sales rep got Blue Sig Case out to examine. Label read: P232 NMR

Perfect condition, $495. I passed on deal. I would rather get an all stainless model.

P220 W. German, JF, was as close to a new gun that I ever saw. No scratches or holster wear. Original grey box, red velour interior, owners' manual, signed test target, 2-8 round zipper-back mags, solid black, plastic checkered grips. Price was $695. Got them to sell for $675.

Store gives a 1 year warranty on any used or new gun.

I have another Classic SIG!

Reactions: Steelhat

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on your new true classic SIG!
:thumbsu:

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention the W German P220 I got, has a stamping on right side that reads: "Tyson's Corner, VA." That was SIG's first plant in the USA. So, this 220 may be pretty rare.

The magazine release is at bottom of magwell. This gun was made in 1985, JF proof marked under chin, with the little bug proof mark, indicating was tested in Germany, and the other engraving.

I didn't realize gun is about 32 years old and show hardly any wear at all. I feel I made a wise choice.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I feel I made a wise choice.
You sure did. Wish I could have such luck finding a piece like that AND have the disposable funds to get it at the same time. ;)

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
I bet that P232 is very rare. I've never heard of one.
I can't find any on initial search either.
You had better go back and get that too. ;)

Reactions: hodge

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Another SigTalk member sent me a Private Message. He will buy it ASAP!

I would have bought it if it was the all stainless edition.

Still in love with my Walther PPK/S. All black.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
I bet that P232 is very rare. I've never heard of one.
I can't find any on initial search either.
You had better go back and get that too. ;)
I'm not a fan of the 230/232. Not my thing. But, I would have bought it, for the sake of it. I have a feeling that you could make a little money on it.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 230/232. Not my thing. But, I would have bought it, for the sake of it. I have a feeling that you could make a little money on it.
I'm not a fan of the .380 and I don't like the European style mag release. Two strikes for me not being interested in owning one.

Reactions: hodge
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.