SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

This is a two-parter. Just purchased my first Sig and it's a P232 Stainless. I purchased it used and all seems to be good with the pistol except for two issues:

1) The pistol has a production date of 2004 and the night sights are very dim. The front sight appears to be an actual part of the frame and not removable. Any way to have the sights or the tubes replaced on this?

2) The decocker seems very difficult to work. It doesn't offer any resistance until it reaches the bottom of its swing, and then to decock the pistol I need to adjust my grip and REALLY push down on the top of the decocking lever. This is unlike the feel of any other Sig decockers I've used. Is this normal or can something to done about this to make it smoother/easier to operate?

Any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

馃帠USA Veteran
some sig de-cockers won't drop the hammer until the bottom of the stroke.

trijicons can be relamped, welcome from az

Registered
Can't answer about the night sights but the decocker sounds exactly the same functionally as all three of the P232s Sig has sent me.

Registered
I had asked the same question about new viles from trijicon. Go the site referenced below; on the phone, they told me to send in slide, and $54. and they will/should be able to revile your present sights. But they would have to "evaluate". You will have to request a Return authorization # for them to receive your slide. There is no warranty on used gun sights, so would have to pay for this service, but seems cheapest so far to me. Go to the below web site:

Return Authorization - Trijicon, Inc.

From my email--

Note: We currently have a 2 to 4 week turnaround on repairs and installation.

Any Trijicon optic purchased used or second hand is Void of Warranty. All repairs will be at cost to the customer.

Please reference the link to the Trijicon site that will aid you in shipping your product to us for service.

鈥e highly recommend that our customers use UPS or FedEx for tracking visibility, insurance and claim handling.
If using the U. S. Postal Service, insurance and tracking options are available and should be selected. Please address and send your package to;

Trijicon Inc.

C/o Service & Repair
RA#: ___________

49385 Shafer Ave

Wixom, MI. 48393

Jimmy Reed

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the helpful info. I'll get in touch with Trijicon about the vial replacement. Has anyone attempted (or would it even be safe to attempt) changing out the decocker spring for a lighter gauge spring?

Registered
Thanks for the helpful info. I'll get in touch with Trijicon about the vial replacement. Has anyone attempted (or would it even be safe to attempt) changing out the decocker spring for a lighter gauge spring?
I don't think such a spring is available, only one. Really, how much will you use the decocker?

馃帠USA Veteran
I don't think such a spring is available, only one. Really, how much will you use the decocker?
I use the decocker every time I load the gun with one in the chamber and make it safe for carry or night stand duty.

For me, the decocker is essential.

Registered
I use the decocker every time I load the gun with one in the chamber and make it safe for carry or night stand duty.

For me, the decocker is essential.
Understand, but how often do you have to load it for carry or night stand duty? That's all I was saying.

馃帠USA Veteran
Understand, but how often do you have to load it for carry or night stand duty? That's all I was saying.
At each range session I run at least one mag thru on DA only so there's 15; 2 range sessions/month. Clean and reload after each range session so another 2. So about 30-35 times a month using the decocker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts