SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a dumb question, but I'm looking for some clarity. I've asked a few gun stores and it seems little is know about these guns still. How many different generations of the p320 are there? I'm wondering because I was looking at the RX with the Romeo however I don't want the red dot. Cabelas has the p320 without the Romeo but I wasn't sure if it's just an older gen than the RX or it's the same just without the Romeo. Any information is helpful.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Tough question, complicated answer.

There really are no P320 "Generations" as it were. The generational designation typically refers to different features of the gun (i.e. updates). This is mainly a product of its being so modular. You can mix and match which of the updated features you want. Once you do that, the idea of giving the P320 (as a whole) a generational designation goes out the window.

Features of the gun the have been updated include the grip module, the take down lever, the slide catch lever, and the trigger. I may have forgotten a couple.

I don't have much experience with the RX so I will try to answer the best I can. From what I have seen, the RX models do not come without the Romeo. That is, you cannot buy a P320 with the slide milling BUT NOT the Romeo. If a P320 is being sold without the Romeo, then it is probably just a regular P320 and not a P320 RX. This assumes we are talking about gun shops, not private sales.

Which begs the question, why would you want the RX without the red dot? Does this mean the you do not want a red dot period? Or does this mean that you want the capability to have a red dot, but you just don't want the Romeo?

Did my best. Perhaps someone with more RX experience has a better answer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So with the new "updated" parts on newer guns, what are pieces I can look at to make sure I'm getting the newest version? I'm looking at the Sig p320 in FDE with night sighs. But I want to make sure It's the newest vesion.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah I read that, i miss explained my question. What is the difference between the slide relase and trigger between the updates?
The slide release on the newer models is slimmer on both sides, which makes it harder to release for left handed shooters. The trigger on the early 2015 model was updated to sig's "adverse trigger" which is supposed to reduce trigger slap for most people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.