SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, wondering if in the wealth of knowledge here if anyone can confirm the undercut on the SSE frame is standard or X5 style. I'm leaning toward a full stainless pistol now and no one around here has one so I'd have to order it, and am just curious as it seems some do, and some don't when I research pictures

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did a bit of research on the x-change kits, and it led me to more or less answer the slide swap. The SSE frame question though, if I order one today which frame will I get?

Thanks.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,672 Posts
the new model has the undercut but if you order online, you could get nos/new old stock that may not have the undercut.

do you have a lgs that has one on display??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the new model has the undercut but if you order online, you could get nos/new old stock that may not have the undercut.

do you have a lgs that has one on display??

No, that's the issue, I like the undercut, but I'd have to order it either locally or online. It would be nice to know how to specify my order to ensure I get the newer frame style.

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
I too kept seeing new SSEs advertised for sale that didn't have the undercut and was wondering if SIG was still doing it on the US-made SSEs.
SIG started doing the undercut on the American-made SSE frames when they started up production after the import ban of the German stainless frames.
I'm not sure if SIG is still doing it.

This is my SSE family:

Top Left: P229 SSE .40S&W, American frame, with undercut
Top Right: P220 SSE .45 ACP, German frame, no undercut
Bottom Left: P226 SSE .40S&W, German frame, no undercut
Bottom Right: P226 SSE 9mm, American frame, with undercut

Attachments

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
If their different it escapes me how.
Concentrate on the difference in the front strap contour near the trigger guard. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
LOL!!! Talk about illusions! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.