SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new 229 and after putting about 50 rounds through it, the trigger would not reset. The diagnosis was a chip on my trigger bar... Im just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase replacement trigger bars as im having a hard time tracking one down and my gunsmith told me it would be 3-6 months before I get the gun back if I send it in to Sig Sauer. Id like to speed up the process if at all possible. Thanks

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to Sigtalk from VA! Didn't notice it was your first post.

I don't wish ill on your Gunsmith or his word, but I would not listen to your Gunsmith on that one. The custom shop turnaround for me has been excellent . Every time. I had an SRT and E2 grips installed, plus the action enhancement from the custom shop and had the pistol back in 2 weeks including shipping there and back. Sent it back for the same trigger bar repair you are looking for (it is a common problem on new SRT installs) and had it back in 7 days including shipping. May want to give them a call.

·
Premium Member
39,151 Posts
I had 3 guns sent to Sig and heard from many people here and on the other forum. I have NEVER heard of 3 to 6 months. The longest time I ever heard was 3 weeks. For me out of 3 the longest was 10 days and that is because the lead gunsmith did me a favor.
Your gunsmith is talking about his competition.
You could try to make it right yourself, but a NEW gun I would not touch. Sig will fix it and keep the warranty intact. When you work on it, more than superficial can void the warranty that is lifetime.
They will treat you right.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
I had 3 guns sent to Sig and heard from many people here and on the other forum. I have NEVER heard of 3 to 6 months. The longest time I ever heard was 3 weeks. For me out of 3 the longest was 10 days and that is because the lead gunsmith did me a favor.
Your gunsmith is talking about his competition.
You could try to make it right yourself, but a NEW gun I would not touch. Sig will fix it and keep the warranty intact. When you work on it, more than superficial can void the warranty that is lifetime.
They will treat you right.
If it were my new 229, I'd definitely send it to sig for repair.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You should send it back to SIG for warranty repair. Otherwise you will have to pay for the fix yourself (may not be a big deal) and can potentially void the warranty (bigger deal).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.