SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a used P229 S stainless Sport in .357 Sig today.
I thought it was interesting seeing it as I never see such rare SIGs around here. (Hell, I hardly ever see ANY SIGs around here.)

I didn't bother asking to look at it because it isn't something I would carry (being a target pistol) and I don't need something else taking up space in the safe.

It had the weight on it with the site mounted on the weight with a slightly longer barrel inside. I think it had the original adjustable rear sight.

It had some "marks" on it from use. There was a mark on the slide next to the front sight dovetail that was a line and parallel to the dovetail. I would say someone used a sight adjustment tool on it and had the pusher set too low and marred the finish on the weight. The front sight was drifted well to the left of center.

The seller wanted $999 for it.

·
Registered
55,907 Posts
357sig seem to be more plentiful than the 40 version.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Try finding the P220 Sport in 45 ACP. Only seen two in one year!

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Does this store ship to another FFL?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
My feeling is that lately the crazy prices for used have gone down. Or if they haven't gone down, they've sat out there unsold. I noticed some of Cabela's highest priced used gun library prices have also gone done, so you're probably right sitting this one out (esp if you're not happy about the dings to the finish). That being said, I paid $1250 for my used P229 Sport, and I have no regrets. Literally, hours of fun. Here was my review on it:
http://sigtalk.com/x-series-sport-m...-better-p229-than-legion-p229-same-price.html

I see the P229 Sport as one of the original "X5"s, and with its extended barrel and weight as heavy as an X5, it really does shoot like my X5. Doesn't look as nice, but I see it as the classic.

·
Registered
55,907 Posts
to me, if there was no original case w/label-cardboard box & test target it was priced right!!!

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I used to have one. There were at least two slightly different versions. Most were the type with the ported compensator made of aluminum. Mine was the type with the unported stainless steel barrel weight. Mine was the most inaccurate SIG I have ever owned. I'll never know why. Barrel chamber and bore, barrel fit, muzzle crown, slide/frame fit, everything appeared to be as it should be. It was reliable with any of the several different types of factory ammo I tried it. I did some chronographing with it. Some factory 357 SIG ammo is pretty energetic when fired in a 5" or so barrel.

In fairness, I guess I should have added that the inaccuracy part could have been the shooter;)

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: bearone2
1 - 16 of 16 Posts