SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of picking up a used P229 Enhanced Elite locally, and wondering if anyone here thinks it's priced fairly.

The seller is not the original owner, but it does look very minimally used, and in very good shape. It was sold as a Red Box to the original owner, comes with 3 mags, and the seller's price is $825.

Ideally I'd be getting one in 357 Sig, but I can't find one to save my life. I've already got one in 9mm, but need to be able to drop in a threaded barrel, and aside from that I want to get rid of the LCI and Magazine Disconnect, anyway. I've got a friend in CA who wants to buy my P229 EE off me, assuming I can find an adequate replacement. Between the price and my own sale, it would be cost neutral for me, I just want to see if anyone here thinks it's not a fair price given the Red Box origins and the unknown (though apparently low) round count.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
373 Posts
With today's landscape, the price seems within reason. I have seen them go much higher. If we were not in a grab a gun market that may be a tad high. Nothing to worry about with a red box unit. They have gone through sig's refurbishment process and brought back to specs. If it was going to be a wash financially and I wanted the unit, I would be a go.

Great gun!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Way too expensive....$500-600...would be a decent price...IMHO....

·
Registered
373 Posts
This may help. Here is the latest bluebook value by grade for a p229 elite. My experience is they are currently going higher.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,833 Posts
I was watching recently some being offered by Dominion Defense on Gun Broker in .357 Sig with a Buy It Now price of $575. They had several with a case. and 3 magazines, for that price. Of course they weren't LCI either. They also had some with more frame wear and no case for as low as $525/$550. This was right after I had picked up my P239 DAO, so I had to pass on them.

Reactions: jehu

·
Registered
579 Posts
JMHO, but it's worth considerable extra just to be able to hold it, work the slide, and pull the trigger.

Just because a firearm has Sig stamped on it (and you paid a premium) doesn't mean you'll get a smooth working gun with a decent trigger. And buying a gun that was "broke in" at someone-else's expense is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Picked on up at an LGS new a few months back, was marked $769. I traded into it.

Next time I was in, he had another at $759. Considered buying it, but refrained. Las time i was in he didn't have any more.

But that gives you some frame of reference. I agree it's a bit high for a used red box.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Given the crazy gun market today, that Sig is priced fairly. Sure, make an offer at a much lower price (and you should), but don't expect it to be received well.

Unless you're willing to sit and wait another year or so, pining to pay pre-COVID-19 market prices is downright silly. If you have the opportunity, will, and resources, buy and enjoy your gun, and don't even think about buyer's remorse afterwards. Life is too short.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a used P229 Enhanced Elite locally, and wondering if anyone here thinks it's priced fairly.

The seller is not the original owner, but it does look very minimally used, and in very good shape. It was sold as a Red Box to the original owner, comes with 3 mags, and the seller's price is $825.

Ideally I'd be getting one in 357 Sig, but I can't find one to save my life. I've already got one in 9mm, but need to be able to drop in a threaded barrel, and aside from that I want to get rid of the LCI and Magazine Disconnect, anyway. I've got a friend in CA who wants to buy my P229 EE off me, assuming I can find an adequate replacement. Between the price and my own sale, it would be cost neutral for me, I just want to see if anyone here thinks it's not a fair price given the Red Box origins and the unknown (though apparently low) round count.

I purchased my 229 Elite Classic new ( they stopped production) in June for $699. Not exactly what I was looking for, (p225) but I thought it was a great price. I learned that if you don’t rush a buy, you can find a good buy.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
There are two on Gunbroker right now:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought one about 3 months ago. Got it from a private party for $900. Was not red box. Seller said only 100 rounds had been fired through it. It looked absolutely new and perfect so I am inclined to believe the seller. It’s a really nice gun. Still like my Legion best but this EE is really nice and I love shooting it. The SRT is very nice. Came with 2 mags, original case and paperwork etc. Not sure if I over paid but no regrets.

There are two on Gunbroker right now:

·
Registered
339 Posts

WAY TO HIGH PRICED, AND ABOUT $575 ON THE DOUBLE EE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts