SIG Talk banner

P229 LEO .40 trade in Part Deux

876 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bblr
I thought I'd post up my LEO trade in I bought off of GunBroker. .40 S&W, 3mags, blue case and I think by the serial numbers it's about 19-20 years old.

It has quite a bit finish rubbed off, not that noticable in my pics, but is nice and tight. Smooth slide on the rails without much slop/wiggle. I'm happy, looks like it's been carried a lot but not wore out. I'll probably get a spring kit for her and decide if I want to use it as one of my P228 conversions since it's rail-less.

I REALLY liked that P228 that someone posted the other day coated in the Legion grey so that might be an option, not to make a clone but just something different. It's been a good year so far, 6 different Sigs with 5 being new additions. Making my safe GREAT AGAIN!!

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice score. Do you have any plans to obtain a .357 Sig barrel for it?
I actually have one already. I'll probably shoot some .357 through it tomorrow to see how it shoots then break it down and clean it really well

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice snag. Seems like most of the ones I've been seeing have the rail.
Yeah they're getting harder to find in the trade in batches. I think most LEO seems to replace every 10 years, at least that's what I've seen looking at some of the railed versions. There's a lot of those made around 2007ish, while this one is 97-98ish. The shop that had mine just had 2, the other was built around 2000, he said they were local trades from the Nashville area, maybe a small department close by??

Either way I wanted one without the rails. That gives me 2 with and 2 without :thumbsu: plus maybe some trading options .... if and when ....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. I've got an AH very close to yours (AH167XX).

What is the date on your case? The one mine was shipped in wasn't the original so all I know is what I have found on the google ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.