SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and also a new Sig owner (just purchased a new P229 Legion).

I'm interested in knowing what long time Sig users prefer in both an IWB holster as well as an OWB holster for this gun. I'm looking for a quality holster that is both comfortable and easy to conceal (I'm 6'1" and 170 lbs). I would like ideas for both IWB and OWB holsters. If there aren't any good OWB holsters for EDC, then options for OWB I could use for USPSA Limited/Production competition?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and comments!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm new to this forum and also a new Sig owner (just purchased a new P229 Legion).

I'm interested in knowing what long time Sig users prefer in both an IWB holster as well as an OWB holster for this gun. I'm looking for a quality holster that is both comfortable and easy to conceal (I'm 6'1" and 170 lbs). I would like ideas for both IWB and OWB holsters. If there aren't any good OWB holsters for EDC, then options for OWB I could use for USPSA Limited/Production competition?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and comments!
Howdy,

I've tried 3 so far 2 IWB and 1 OWB: Crossbreed Super Tuck, Vedder Light Tuck and Blackpoint Tactical (Sig Legion version).

So far the Vedder my EDC! Can't get much slimmer although it has a but of a bump on it that looks weird but doesn't bother me after wearing. I like the ability to pull on and off if need be and perfect to leave the 229 in 24/7.

I love the Crossbreed for other sidearms but it holds the 229 way too tight for me! I'm a 31 waist and seems the radius too tight on me!

The BP is another winner! Best OWB I've tried!

If you're interested in the Crossbreed I can make you a deal on it. Your size sounds like it may work better. It's actually very comfortable but I really can't get the 229 out of it in any simple fashion.... Great with my XDs!

HTH

E Buzz M.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I carry IWB at 4:30 and was using a GX holster from Garrett Industries so when I bought my P229 Legion in 40 bought one for it .. leather lined kydex .. fits my 229 like a glove and with leather lined less chance of marring the finish on my Legion ..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi and congrats on your new P229 Legion!

I have the same gun and my all time favorite holster that I keep coming back to gun after gun (I go through phases of what I like to carry) is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. However, at the time I got my P229, I could not find a VM2 anywhere and I tried the Hideaway from Ritchie Leather. It turns out that it is very similar to the VM2 and it conceals wonderfully.

I have always preferred leather and IWB type holsters so all of my recommendations will fall into that category. If concealment is not the primary concern, I also have one of those Mitch Rosen Sig branded holsters which I really like as well.

IMHO, I don't think you can go wrong with Milt Sparks (if you can stomach the wait time to get one), Mitch Rosen or Ritchie Leather. I'll defer to others on the Kydex variety of holsters.

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
I don't carry my P229 IWB. My go-to OWB holster is a High Noon Holster's Slide Guard.

For competition you probably want a polymer/plastic holster.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I also have the MS VM2. Use it every day. Kimber Eclipse Pro 1911 .45acp
Cannot say enough good things about the holster, quality is excellent.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've one of these from L.A.G. Tactical (for a M11-A1 aka 229 w/o rail). Really great fit; really snug to the body. Includes clips for both IWB and OWB. Here is link to photos of L.A.G. Tactical holsters for a P320 and links to photos of my M11-A1

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am about four weeks into a 12 week wait for a Ryan Grizzle DS2 Convertible holster. I have a crossbreed supertuck I use when I carry it for the time being, but it's been a safe queen recently. I don't like the big piece of leather on the supertuck.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
My OWB holster is and has been for some time the Bianchi M 84 or M 82 Holsters. Very comfortable, Very Fast and Very secure.
My IWB is a holster from a friend of mine who runs "GetHolstered" on e-bay. Yes it is cheap. Yes it is Kydex. But it does not collapse on you and re-holstering is simple and reliable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got the Leather Wing Legion holster, it fits good though I can't use it now that my Legion has a Red Dot. Thinking of using a Dremel to cut out the holster to allow me to still use it with the red dot.

Congratulations on your new Legion!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I carry with Rgrizzle SDR it is a great holster. Just ordered a TC2 from Rgrizzle for my legacy 229.

I have a Sig Legion LeatherWing OWB Black Point, worn one time i would take $65 shipped.

Kevin

·
Registered
249 Posts
The black point Holster is nice - but it rides a little high for me. I would look into GCODE holsters. They have several options for the 229 E2 models that will also fit the Legion Perfectly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't carry my P229 IWB. My go-to OWB holster is a High Noon Holster's Slide Guard.

For competition you probably want a polymer/plastic holster.
I second the High Noon Slide guard OWB holsters. I have 4 (P224 and P229 C; S&W Shield; Glock 29; and Kimber Ultra Carry II). Great quality with snug fit to belt.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I have found that I spend WAY more time finding the right holster than I spend finding the right handgun. Sometimes it seems like I spend more money finding the right holsters than on the weapon (although that is not quite true). One of the advantages of deciding on the Sig P2XX series as my preferred platform, many of my weapons fit the same holsters.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know that I'm bringing an old thread back, but does anybody have a tan VM2 they're willing to part with? It's for a P229 with rail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Howdy,

I've tried 3 so far 2 IWB and 1 OWB: Crossbreed Super Tuck, Vedder Light Tuck and Blackpoint Tactical (Sig Legion version).

So far the Vedder my EDC! Can't get much slimmer although it has a but of a bump on it that looks weird but doesn't bother me after wearing. I like the ability to pull on and off if need be and perfect to leave the 229 in 24/7.

I love the Crossbreed for other sidearms but it holds the 229 way too tight for me! I'm a 31 waist and seems the radius too tight on me!

The BP is another winner! Best OWB I've tried!

If you're interested in the Crossbreed I can make you a deal on it. Your size sounds like it may work better. It's actually very comfortable but I really can't get the 229 out of it in any simple fashion.... Great with my XDs!

HTH

E Buzz M.

Anyone care to compare the smoothness of the Blackpoint Kydex to the Vedder's?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome. Just like you, I got a .40 IWB leather when I do CC. I got mine from TTGunleather.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts