SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than a little badge, access to accessories I don't want, a purchased status as elite - forgetting aesthetics and pride of ownership - are there real mechanical superiorities in the Legion that are going to make a difference in an engagement from 0-20 meters, or in the fun I'll have shooting at snowballs, plates, or B-27 targets?
(Is there an award or penalty for blog's longest sentence?)

Registered
If you don't require/want the accessory rail, you might consider the M11-A1. You gain additional corrosion protection. And 3 magazines (rather than two).

rx7sig

Registered
This has been beat to death, a search will turn up a thread on this and it was estimated to bring a non Legion up to Legion spec would cost around 600 and you still wouldn't have the under cut and additional serrations.
I wanted a 229 they had a 229 Legion for 150 more than a regular 229 ,it was an easy decision.

Plus the best part was the challenge coin and the secret hand shake.:rolleyes:

Registered
Wh
IMO, it depends on the intended use. For EDC the M11-A1 or basic 229 Nitron are perfect. For impressing your friends the Legion is perfect.
A bit confused. Why would the weapon with lesser trigger performance, lesser grips, inferior sights, no front serrations, be better for EDC than the weapon that has these superior parts? Seems I鈥檇 rather put my life in the hands of of the best equipped weapon available and in this scenario it would be the Legion. No?

Premium Member
Like I said, it鈥檚 my opinion. I carry a 229 Enhanced Elite, everything is stock except for a solid GR. I don鈥檛 know why but my trigger is as good or better than ANY Legion I鈥檝e shot. I can鈥檛 hit my target any better with a Legion than I can with my Elite. It鈥檚 just my opinion.

Registered
Legion of you want brag you have a legion, the standard p229 or m11 will do everything a legion will do. I have both, carry a p229 daily, but the Legion just sits in the safe. The undercut is my fav thing on the legion

Registered
Like I said, it鈥檚 my opinion. I carry a 229 Enhanced Elite, everything is stock except for a solid GR. I don鈥檛 know why but my trigger is as good or better than ANY Legion I鈥檝e shot. I can鈥檛 hit my target any better with a Legion than I can with my Elite. It鈥檚 just my opinion.
I too am a big Enhanced Elite fan. I love my EE 229 and if my Legion didn鈥檛 exist, my EE would be my EDC too. A Great firearm.

Registered
i took the features i wanted (sights and grips) put them on an enhanced elite.
legions are off roster and can only be purchased used unless you are exempt from the rules.
i had to pay uta for the used p226 legion, and i put this rx slide on it
but when i hold it i am operator af. :p

Product Gun accessory Composite material Gun barrel Auto part

Registered
Legion of you want brag you have a legion, the standard p229 or m11 will do everything a legion will do. I have both, carry a p229 daily, but the Legion just sits in the safe. The undercut is my fav thing on the legion
I don鈥檛 think I鈥檝e ever bragged about owning a Legion. Unless you count this.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts