SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P229 Legion - Cerakote of Nitron 40/357 Slide

1081 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  GoneBallisticInAlabama
Just sharing. I have a P229-9-Legion and couple years back I was able to snag the last P229-40/357 slide in stock from Sig Sauer. But the slide was the “ordinary garden variety” nitron finish black, not the “lovely” Legion gray 😜. Anyway, Cerakote site listed a certified Cerakote shop over in Evanston, WY and I took the slide to Brian, along with the Legion slide for matching. Brian had to run the color mix several times and got as close as he could (Sig Legion color is proprietary and they will not tell the mixture, for obvious reasons). Anyway, the picture shows the P229 with the 40/357 slide that he tried his best to match with the Legion 9mm slide that is shown above. I’m happy with the effort. And it seems to shoot better with this color versus the black nitron. Or maybe I am just playing psychological games with myself 😅.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Just sharing. I have a P229-9-Legion and couple years back I was able to snag the last P229-40/357 slide in stock from Sig Sauer. But the slide was the “ordinary garden variety” nitron finish black, not the “lovely” Legion gray 😜. Anyway, Cerakote site listed a certified Cerakote shop over in Evanston, WY and I took the slide to Brian, along with the Legion slide for matching. Brian had to run the color mix several times and got as close as he could (Sig Legion color is proprietary and they will not tell the mixture, for obvious reasons). Anyway, the picture shows the P229 with the 40/357 slide that he tried his best to match with the Legion 9mm slide that is shown above. I’m happy with the effort. And it seems to shoot better with this color versus the black nitron. Or maybe I am just playing psychological games with myself 😅. View attachment 461914
Nice. Just curious, how much did it cost to have it refinished?
I had to pay $75 for the two bottles of Cerekote that he was using to mix and $100 for the labor.
Nice. Just curious, how much did it cost to have it refinished?
$75 for the two bottles of Cerakote and $100 for the labor.
Reactions: 1
I hate the green they’ve started using. The pvd was a better color. Too bad they couldn’t pull their head out of their rectum and get it done right
Reactions: 2
Tell Brian he did a good job of matching the color and applying the finish.
They need some credit for a job well done! Any idea what the mixture was? Such a unique color to try and mix.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.