SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who makes a Kydex or similar IWB holster for a 229 Legion SAO? I asked We The People, Vedder, others and they all say they build for P229 DaSa and it “might” work for SAO. I don’t do that. Safeties, decockernot...

·
Banned
337 Posts
I don’t do that. Safeties, decockernot...
In my experience, Kydex is easily shapeable at home in a regular oven, and easily fitted to your model if the initial geometry is close. For instance, I found 3 used Ruger SR9C Kydex holsters on a local forum for $40, shipped. I bought them and, starting with an already decent fit on my P224s, was able to remold to make all three of them a great fit. Luckily, I had an SR9C at home to experiment with first, before buying them, but I only needed a good, basic geometry fit to start with. Minor remolding/reshaping was easy and I would think starting with a P229 DA/SA would be a good fit or easily adjusted to be a great fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Vedder Light Tuck on my 229 SAO. Fits fine. You may have to adjust the retention a bit at first to account for the safety against the sweatguard, but it worked out well because when you’re wearing it, the sweatguard provides pretty good resistance against the safety lever making it harder to be accidently flipped off from the other side.

I put a wedge and bigger claw (Dark Star Gear Dark Wing) on it, and it conceals really well under a t-shirt for its size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Legion branded Black Point Tactical with the claw and magazine holder and so far have been vey happy with it. I mostly carry my 365XL but if I want to carry the P229, this holster works well for me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Try JM Custom Kydex. I asked them about this previously, and they said to indicate I have the SAO model in the comments when I order, and they’ll take care of it. Haven’t done so yet, but that’s what I was told.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts