SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Been reading through this forum for awhile as there is alot of good information available here, but now I have a question. I wanted to replace my adjustable combat sights that came on my p229 so I bought a pair of meprolight fixed night sights. I noticed that the rear sight dovetail on the slide is cut alot deeper and there is a flat milled farther forward on the top, almost like it was meant to accommodate a novak style sight. When I installed the meprolight rear sight it looks like its sitting way too low. Talked to a gentleman at sig before buying the sights and he said I could put fixed sights on there but didnt mention the rear sight being cut differently. Should I look at getting the trijicon novak set, or call sig and talk to their customer service?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome from Kansas City!

I would call and ask Sig CS what they recommend. Normally Sig sights have a number associated with them like a 7 or 8 which refers to height.

Have you shot it with the sights you put on?

Hope you get this worked out!

I never had any problems with the combat adjustable front sight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! I have put around 500 rounds through the gun. The rear sight came loose once but a little Loctite on the screws helped out. I love the gun but im just not a fan of the small allen head screws that hold the rear sight in place. Thinking about selling it and getting the p229 enhanced elite model.

-DukDog thanks for the link. Cant believe there isn't more of a market for that sight.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow I didn't know that we couldn't use aftermarket sights :(. I own the P226 DE and was looking at the Heimie straight 8s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.