SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this pistol probably a year ago and only have a few hundred rounds through it. It's my HD gun so it stays in it's spot undisturbed most of the time. I went to the range yesterday to "exercise" it a little. Man I forgot how sweet of a shooter this thing is.

Funny thing, when I first got it, I was 100% convinced the sights were off, it was shooting tight groups low/left. I was going to shoot it and take it in for adjustment / new sights. Well, it was dead on this time once I settled down and got into a rhythm. Lesson learned - it's hardly ever the sights!

I put a good 300 rounds through it, various types of ammo, not a single hiccup. Man this this thing's a quality gun. I wish I enjoyed carrying it more (just can't get comfortable with the size). I can't imagine a better gun to have on you if ****.

I carry a 938 which is a fine gun too, and much more comfortable. I'm far more likely to carry the 938 regularly. I really wish I had the means to try carrying a 239. That would be a nice compromise between the two I have now. Anyone carry a 938 and 229 and 239 that could offer comparison / thoughts?

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
I carry a P239 everyday. On occasion I'll carry the P229, but I find it very difficult to conceal. The P239 is very easy to conceal under t-shirts. It seems to me the P938 is more of a pocket carry gun than hip carry.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Good to hear. The P229EE was my first gun purchase three years ago. It is my HD also. I ended up purchasing the P239SAS for EDC and I love both guns. Enjoy!

Reactions: TimKempAK

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Any P229 is a great weapon. Glad you love yours!

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Anyone carry a 938 and 229 and 239 that could offer comparison / thoughts?
Those are my light, medium and heavy carry pieces depending on weather/attire. My 229 is the M11A1 so it's less the beavertail and rail which I prefer but still it takes a heavy shirt or coat to conceal for me. But I find it comfortable IWB @ 3:00. Most of the time the 229 is on bedside HD duty.

The P239 in 357 gets the most carry. It conceals well even with light shirts and is comfortable as well. IMO, a good balance in weight, size and caliber. An accurate and reliable shooter for sure. With an extra mag on board I don't feel I'm giving up that much when the 229 stays behind.

When it gets too hot and the wardrobe gets too light, I've got the P938. Great size/weight but to be honest, if there was a DA/SA SIG option that came close to it, it would be gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts