SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, can anyone help me identify this particular model of E2 grips? It has the shape of the P226 E2 grips, except they're on a P229, and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Was this an older/original model of the E2 grips? I'd really like to get my hands on these ones.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hello all, can anyone help me identify this particular model of E2 grips? It has the shape of the P226 E2 grips, except they're on a P229, and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Was this an older/original model of the E2 grips? I'd really like to get my hands on these ones.

http://i.imgur.com/roC0KQi.jpg

The image above is not of an E2 Grip
See real image below:

Not a SIG Sauer support plate.

·
P228 Sherpa
7,419 Posts
I think the picture is just knocked off or photo enhanced. :)
But, I agree with this. Look at the pic closely. There is no such real live SIG P229. Not that I have ever seen. A P229 with full height serration slide and short external external extractor? It doesn't exist. I've been begging SIG for years to come out with this gun. I would be to me a stainless slide P228. Never been done before.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Here are the E2's on my E29R-40-MIL-TG. Not quite as dramatic of a curve out back.

Dang, I wish I had bought one of those when I had the chance. :(

·
Registered
800 Posts

I don't think it's a P229 in the picture. I am not aware of the slide design. It might be a P227 Carry Elite of some sort?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't think it's a P229 in the picture. I am not aware of the slide design. It might be a P227 Carry Elite of some sort?
If you magnify the original picture you can clearly read "P229 Elite".
More to this fake news mystery. Maybe somewhere on the inside of the slide it says "Made in Russia" and proofed by Igor the tool maker.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

Click here. May have to wait for the display of the image. You can zoom in using the small icons below the image. You can see the pistol Full Screen.

The Problem is that those nice looking E2 grips are on a pistol that some here at SIG Talk are calling that pistol something other than a P229. I think that is just a digital pistol that looks like a P227 with P229 written on it. Other words - NO such grips made. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.