SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked over on the green room and didn't see a date for AAUxxx. Sig Arms roll marks

I've never messed with a DAK trigger and it is nice

399 with 3 mags

Rails have some wear but the inside of the gun is mint

Ideas on date? I may purchase for the purpose of throwing a 357 Sig barrel in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
19,531 Posts
The US made frames are harder to date because the serials don't follow the German serial numbers order. I know yours is US by the U in the serial (AAU). German framed P229's only have 2 letters. Is your gun a CPO? I see your slide says SIGArms. Does the frame say SIG Sauer?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't bought it yet, I'm at a LGS contemplating lol

No markings on frame, I have a P239 that also does not have markings on frame

I'm wondering if it has been refinished. There is some wear on front on grip and around mag well.

Trigger is really nice

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That gray box looks like the ones they had as promos for the 228 back in the mid-90s. It might not be original to the gun. Not sure though.

It looks like a nice gun for the price. I like the DAK trigger a lot.

Reactions: 2tango2

·
Registered
821 Posts
It doesn't look refinished from what I can see and probably dates around 2005 or 2006.

That's the way I like to buy most of my SIGs, lightly used, if at all, and less than half the price of a new one. :)

I think it's a good deal. You could even throw another $180 worth of parts at it to do a DA/SA conversion and still come out ahead.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
AAU are the first characters of the serial number, what are the two numerals that follow these letters? If they are both zeros, can you provide the first three numerals?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AAU are the first characters of the serial number, what are the two numerals that follow these letters? If they are both zeros, can you provide the first three numerals?

If it's still at the LGS this afternoon I'll take a look

The DAK is super smooth

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,638 Posts
I'm kind of with OhioBob on the case situation. I know both of my '90s era W. German Sigs (P225 & P226 9mm) came in them, but as Bob stated, it may not mean anything.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AAU022

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

AAU022

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hard to see but does look worn out? The exterior of the barrel is almost shiny but from what I understand the legacy barrels wear a lot?

·
Registered
62 Posts
the only sig i really can't shoot is the DAK. i have 226 .40 dak, and I just can't make that trigger work for me. I'm sure its me, but for me if Dak isn't a reference to the cowboys quarterback, I've got no use for them.

Might spend $180 to have changed to da/sa, wasn't aware it was that inexpensive.

rg

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looks like there are lands and grooves all the way thru the bore. The wear on the exterior is normal finish wear from the slide contacting the barrel.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah looked with a bore light and looks like some life left. I'm trying to justify buying a .40 though. I always found it snappy but then again I've only shot it in Compact guns like the Shield

·
Registered
821 Posts
The .40 isn't all that bad in a 229. You can get a Barsto barrel in 9mm and a SIG barrel in .357 then have 3 guns in one. The new P229-1 mags for 9mm will work too, although the .40 mags have worked fine in mine with the Barsto barrel.

It looks to me like this 229 has been barely used and has probably spent more time in the box or someones sock drawer than anything. It's a great deal for the price, even if it is a DAK.

If I saw this at my LGS for that price, it would already be in my safe. Haha!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts