SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been carrying the P239 chambered in 357SIG (preferred carry round) but found myself wanting a bit more capacity and a more effective grip. Considered the rail-less M11A1, P229-SAS and this new P229C. Chambering in the 357SIG was a "must have" which excluded the M11A1, and the shorter length of the 229C won out over the 229-SAS. Ordered one up at my LGS and it was delivered Monday last:
Everyday carry Airsoft gun Tool
Electronic device Technology Electronics

Did the usual detailed disassembly, clean, inspect and lube. SIG describes the P229C as a 229 with shortened slide, but IMO it is more of a 224 with a lengthened grip. Two design elements from the 224 that I'm very glad to see incorporated are the "frame rails" integrated in the locking insert and the use of grip screw inserts. Eliminating alloy frame rail wear and stripped frame screw holes are very desirable.
Trigger Metal
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Revolver

I've gone thru the parts list and with the help of Tim in SIG CS have identified what P229C parts are common with other P-series model or unique to this "limited edition". Three of the ten slide parts are P224 unique (barrel, guide rod, recoil spring) and the rest are common P-series parts. In the frame, however, eleven of the twenty eight parts are P224 unique while fifteen are common P-series. The P229 mags are used in the Carry and only the grip plates are unique to the P229C.

Here are some glam pics for your viewing pleasure:
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Airsoft gun Starting pistol
Gun Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

And, of course, the obligatory "family photo":
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun barrel

Range report to follow shortly.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Nice! I initially thought that it would be sort of a useless addition to the catalog, but it seems as if there is a viable place for the Carry.

Reactions: jsawyer09

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Very nice and congrats. Great pics, but would you be able to do a comparison of the 229 vs 229c? Looks like the grip length/width is the same as the 229? Is it 12 rounds in 357sig? thx

·
Premium Member
13,494 Posts
This and the new P225-A1 might be the nicest looking pistols Sig has ever made. How thick is the new P229 Carry compared to regular P229's?

Reactions: Old Klingon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the write up... I appreciate your pics and feedback.

I too purchased a P229 carry SAS 357S about a month ago. This is a hugely underrated firearm in my opinion. The grips feels amazing in the hand and even fits my hands better than my full size p229 with g10s. 12 rounds of 357S capacity is also a nice to have. I can also fit this firearm right next to my P220 carry into my bedside Gunbox I use for HD.

I know there are some doubters, but I think the P229c is a nice addition to the Sig collection.

BD

·
Registered
23,713 Posts
Interesting about the slide rails.
I wonder if that could be in the future of other P-series guns? If you wear out your rails, just drop in a new set.
Nice review.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Congrats on the new beauty. That's a fine looking family. Appreciate the pics and analysis. I'll have to put that on my wish list.

It is getting to be a pretty long list...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dismas316

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Sweeeeet!!!! :thumbsu::goodjob::thumbsu::goodjob:
Congrats!

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice and congrats. Great pics, but would you be able to do a comparison of the 229 vs 229c? Looks like the grip length/width is the same as the 229? Is it 12 rounds in 357sig? thx
Here's a visual comparison:
Firearm Gun Gun accessory Airsoft gun Trigger
[/ATTACH]
View attachment 30284 View attachment 30283 View attachment 30285
Capacity is the same as the 229; 12 357SIG & 40S&W.
This and the new P225-A1 might be the nicest looking pistols Sig has ever made. How thick is the new P229 Carry compared to regular P229's?
Thickness is the same within a breath. Overall length, the 229C is 3/8" shorter. And (of course I agree), the 229C IS a looker.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I'm not sure what planet I've been on, and I know I spend WAAAY more time on Sigtalk than I probably should, but this is the first time I've heard of the P229C! I most definitely like what I read and see though.... :D

Range report ASAP is required! :p

Are you not back yet??? :confused:

Where the heck is that range report?!? :mad:

Oh brother, you're gonna take all day, aren't you??? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.