SIG Talk banner

p229 .40 cal DAK

5191 4
Greetings,
My LGS has p229 .40cal with DAK trigger for $580 plus tax and fees.
My only problem is I never had any experience with DAK trigger but I love the Sig of course.
I am DA/SA guy with p938 SAO which I love and its my EDC.
Can someone tell me if its worth buying it other than being a SIG p229?
Anyone with DAK trigger experience ?
Thanks in the advance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Greetings,
My LGS has p229 .40cal with DAK trigger for $580 plus tax and fees.
My only problem is I never had any experience with DAK trigger but I love the Sig of course.
I am DA/SA guy with p938 SAO which I love and its my EDC.
Can someone tell me if its worth buying it other than being a SIG p229?
Anyone with DAK trigger experience ?
Thanks in the advance.
You're familiar with the double action first round trigger pull... on a DA/SA, this is a small improvement, but none the less, a double action only system. In the majority of cases, for $199.95 Sig will convert to DA/SA, and send you all of the DAK parts that were replaced. You may be able to accumulate all of the required replacement parts for less than the above price, but I did some price checking, and subject to availability, it would be hard to beat their price, which includes them doing the work.

Its worth, would be dependent on abilities. For someone without any training or experience, you have a 12 round pistol with no safeties to engage, or decockers to eliminate short single action trigger pulls, for reduced accidental discharges. It would require a deliberate pull of the trigger to fire each round.

Reactions: Firearms Collector

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
People seem to love or hate the DAK trigger. I'm kind of on both sides of the fence.

I have a DAK P229 .40 which I made out of a brand new DAK frame and an Ebay stainless slide, and a DAK P220, a LEO trade in. The P220's trigger is super smooth and nice and light. I LOVE the DAK trigger on the P220. The P229's trigger isn't nearly as smooth and is a lot heavier, but it's not really too bad. I got the P220 for $400, in almost perfect condition, just a little tiny bit of wear at the rail and on the right side grip. The P220 got me on a Sig craze, I bought the above guns and a DAO (Not DAK) NYPD trade in P226 in less than two months. I got the P226 for $350 and I bought the parts to make it conventional DA/SA online and I also put in a reduced power hammer spring to make the DA pull lighter. I don't know what the original spring's power was, but dropping it to the 17 pound Wolff spring has improved it tremendously. It no longer "twangs" your trigger finger when I shoot it, and so far, the softer spring has had no reliability issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.