SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think i'm going to sell my P228, what do they go for?

Mine is in great shape very little wear and is a West German one with a date code of KB. Original box, mags ,manual, cleaning kit and I have a new set of Houge grips and stainlees hex screws. Oh and a new MecGar stainless 15 rd mag.

Thanks!

Attachments

馃帠USA Veteran
varies, without pics it's hard to say.

what's great shape to you may not be the same to a buyer.

you have 2 posts saying the same thing, before someone replies to the other one you might want to delete it.

Registered
Go back to that post. Should be a small edit box offered there. Select that and Delete will be one of your options.
Welcome.
I paid $550 for a little rougher one and $600 for a better one 5 years ago.
To get one in great shape, $700 and maybe even $800.

P228 Sherpa
I think i'm going to sell my P228, what do they go for?

Mine is in great shape very little wear and is a West German one with a date code of KB. Original box, mags ,manual, cleaning kit and I have a new set of Houge grips and stainlees hex screws. Oh and a new MecGar stainless 15 rd mag.

Thanks!
You are probably not the original owner. Because that case is not the original case to the KB gun. Original KB guns come in the gray cardboard box with the original label with serial number on the outside.

Manual not original either.

Lots of folks care about originality, so the Hogue rubber grips and the Mec-Gar nickel (not stainless) mag, and the stainless hex screws have little meaning. No test target is another strike.

Value? Let the buyers decide.:D

Registered
I would say $550-850 is the market.

Price depends on condition and having all things that were included in box when new. Owners manual, signed test target, mags, triple serial numbers, original parts, etc.

Registered
What 12131 said.

If I were you, I'd list in on GB and set the minimum bid at the lowest price you would sell it for, and then let auction dynamics determine its value.

"Worth" is a subjective concept.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are probably not the original owner. Because that case is not the original case to the KB gun. Original KB guns come in the gray cardboard box with the original label with serial number on the outside.

Lots of folks care about originality, so the Hogue rubber grips and the Mec-Gar nickel (not stainless) mag, and the stainless hex screws have little meaning. No test target is another strike.

Didn't realize that wasn't the original case and book. Way to ruin my morning ugh

Registered

excellent eye Sir !!!:bow:

Registered
OTOH, if it were unfired with all correct paperwork and box ...it would have gone for $1500+.

YMMV

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.