SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I've been lurking for along time but now it's time to dive into the deep end. Have a lot of pistols but no Sigs and have my heart set on a German P228.

Want a shooter that I can be proud of and see triple serial number guns for big bucks or cheap and beat. Have a bead on a frame only number serial number that looks good and has a bunch of extras (mags and extra slide and barel) that looks nice but is not local.

What's the REAL DEAL between single and triple guns? Trying not to make another impulse buy mistake cause god knows I've done it before!!

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Ok guys, I've been lurking for along time but now it's time to dive into the deep end. Have a lot of pistols but no Sigs and have my heart set on a German P228.

Want a shooter that I can be proud of and see triple serial number guns for big bucks or cheap and beat. Have a bead on a frame only number serial number that looks good and has a bunch of extras (mags and extra slide and barel) that looks nice but is not local.

What's the REAL DEAL between single and triple guns? Trying not to make another impulse buy mistake cause god knows I've done it before!!
Triple matching numbers and proofs = you know it's German made and proofed, and the major parts (frame, slide, barrel) are all original to the gun.

Single number on the frame = you never know if the slide and/or barrel were original to the gun (i.e., it could be a FrankenP228), unless you're the original owner. These days, a lot of people are making FrankenSIGs.

·
Registered
55,688 Posts
triple sn, proofed sigs were test fired at time of assembly.

sn only on a frame made in germany + slide are assembled in usa.

many folks hold serialized/proofed w german/german sigs in higher regard than those made/assembled in the usa from german parts.

but many folks have a combination of w german/german + us made & others have only us made & everybody's happy with what they have.

welcome from az

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I have had both.

Materially there is no difference between the two. I just think the TSN ones are cooler.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
For a Collector: Triple Serial Number is the Grail.

For a little extra Pride: Triple Serial Number, or at least a German Frame.

For a Shooter: No real difference.

Reactions: kmr54
1 - 5 of 5 Posts