SIG Talk banner

P227 Tacops / Considering Moving from .45ACP

354 Views 19 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  LL2
I am considering moving on from my P227 Tacops to a P220 Legion in 10mm.

What would your thoughts be? I am not interested in the debate of which round is better for home defense or for stopping a Grizzly. Just considering the Legion and moving on from the Tacops P227.

Thoughts?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· 🎖USAF Retired
841 Posts
The biggest difference will be the grip width, moving from a double stack magazine to a single stack. In addition, the P220 10mm has a five-inch barrel, where the TACOPS has the standard 4.4-inch barrel. As deserttrans mentioned, you need to try the P220 at a range to see how it fits your hand.

· Premium Member
2,870 Posts
If I didn’t have a 77 GCNM the P220 Legion 45ACP would be my choice. I have a 227 Elite that has a threaded barrel and suppressor sights and modified Tacops grips. You might call it a combo tacops/tactical. Honestly, I really like the Legion P220. Wouldn’t matter in 10 or 45.

· Registered
434 Posts
I’m not a ballistics expert by any means so I’m asking this out of my own ignorance.

Is .45 Super a possibility in your P227 and if so, does it do what the 10mm would do for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
14,244 Posts
I don't know if you have other handguns than the P227 in 45. Ammo availability is one thought I always keep in mind when moving toward and away from a particular gun. I admit to being at the extreme fringe of caliber availability, but I'd hate to see your only handgun be a 10mm. Unless you reload and have plenty of components to build 10mm, crunch time may come, and with no ammo, we all know you merely have a brick—just my thoughts. Good luck with your decision!

· Registered
1,068 Posts
They don't make the P227 any more but they still make P220 10mm. Keep the P227 and save up for a P220 10mm. I'm fortunate to have both. IMO, the P227 is a fantastic pistol and I'm keeping mine until my grandkids get to fight over who gets it.

· Registered
1,096 Posts
I am considering moving on from my P227 Tacops to a P220 Legion in 10mm.
What would your thoughts be? I am not interested in the debate of which round is better for home defense or for stopping a Grizzly. Just considering the Legion and moving on from the Tacops P227.

Thoughts?
I'd keep the 227 Tacops and buy the P220 Legion. They're two different guns, and chances are you'll have seller's remorse if you sell the Tacops.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know if you have other handguns than the P227 in 45. Ammo availability is one thought I always keep in mind when moving toward and away from a particular gun. I admit to being at the extreme fringe of caliber availability, but I'd hate to see your only handgun be a 10mm. Unless you reload and have plenty of components to build 10mm, crunch time may come, and with no ammo, we all know you merely have a brick—just my thoughts. Good luck with your decision!
I have 5 - P320's in 9mm, a P320SC in .357Sig, a P226 Tacops in 9mm, P365 and the P227 in .45ACP.

· Registered
449 Posts
With the nine listed handguns (just the SIGs; unknown what other firearms may be owned by the OP), getting just the, one additional SIG 10mm Legion, seems like it shouldn't be a big deal.

Just get it and don't sell something you shouldn't have to sell, as money doesn't seem to be the problem.

Weblink to subject P220 10mm:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts