SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting the p227 sas model as my first carry gun and im curious about the trigger travel i grew up shooting 1911s and i was happy to find that the trigger pull when in SA is slightly lighter than my other option (sig c3) but what about the travel distence?

So id like to hear from someone who has used the srt trigger and shot 1911s

Also any other comparisons between the p227 sas and the c3 wouldent hurt

Tgank you

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They are two very different guns. I have a C3 and it is the gun I shoot best, but I do not use it as an EDC gun because of the light SA trigger and manual safety.

The P227 (which I also have) is DA/SA with a SRT and is , for me a better option for carry, but not the best option. It is a double stack 45, so the grip is quite a bit larger.

The C3 will conceal better, but has less rounds, a manual safety, and a light trigger pull for that first round.

The P227 is a larger frame, larger capacity, heavier trigger pull for first round.

The trigger travel is not a big consideration for me in an EDC gun, but I doubt that you will notice much difference between those two after the first shot.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I would not compare the two. The reset on the SRT is pretty quick, but it is totally different than a 1911. There is still a little take up before you hit the wall with the SRT, but not a lot. It's a big ole gun, though, for a carry gun...but plenty of people do it.

Reactions: Jonzim48

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I've had the Sig P227 with SRT and had difficulty with the initial Double Action Pull due to the longer pull than a 1911 (the double stack grip ended up being too wide for me). Once you get into the Single Action everything was fine and the SRT makes the follow up shots very quick. Have you given any thought to a Sig P220 Carry SAS? It's grip width is similar to a 1911 being a single stack and I personally found it easier to manipulate the initial double action pull because of the reach but that is a personal opinion only.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had the Sig P227 with SRT and had difficulty with the initial Double Action Pull due to the longer pull than a 1911 (the double stack grip ended up being too wide for me). Once you get into the Single Action everything was fine and the SRT makes the follow up shots very quick.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. I've got a P229 that I've put a short trigger & SRT and I'm awaiting a E2 grip (on backorder) trying to address the grip being too fat for my hands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info guys and i wasemt really thinking about the carry p220 becuase i dont mind a wide grip so for the same length id take the 2 extra rounds but i just found out about the p220 compact that i didnt see on their website so im leaning towards that with the mag extentions so i could have a nice grip with more rounds as an option

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
I have both and have carried both, OWB, not IWB. That said, I feel much more comfortable with the P227 SAS, as there is no safety to have to think about. The reset on both is nice, the P227 is shorter (on mine).

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sigs SRT has a short reset comparable to a standard 1911 as far as reset length goes (about 1/8" to 3/16"). It is a different feel though. Compared to my Colt Commander the Commander has no take up or over travel the Sig has a little of both. I love the SRT and I'm sure you will too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts