SIG Talk banner

P227 Hammer Strut & Spring Base

3367 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  kansascity45
New member here; joined after not being able to find the answer (more active in other places :p)

Incoming P227, but wanted to tweak and play around with hammer spring weights like I used to with a 226. I know all the new guns migrated over to the E2 strut / base, but is the frame capable of taking on the "normal" 226 spring base (using Hogue G10 grips; not E2)? Obviously, I can just order the parts and do some trial-and-error, but if anyone has both the 226 and 227 at the same time, it'd be swell to know if I can just swap it over to tune with Wolff springs.

"Standard" hammer spring seat:

Thanks.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
13,056 Posts
E2 seat and standard seat use the same mainspring. No need to change anything but the spring. But to answer your question, yes the new style mainspring assembly should fit. Both assemblies have the same geometry and same overall length.

· Registered
5,987 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk!!

Here's P227 SAS above P226 Mk25. Yeah, look the same...

Cheers

Attachments

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for taking the time to post a pic.

Weird... I swear I read somewhere long ago, when I was still running my 226 SE that the E2 plastic bases required a very slightly shorter hammer spring. Guess they're all consolidated going forward; smart business move by SIG.

Got a hammer spring variety pak (17, 18, 19) incoming :) Can't wait!

· Registered
5,987 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post a pic.

Weird... I swear I read somewhere long ago, when I was still running my 226 SE that the E2 plastic bases required a very slightly shorter hammer spring. Guess they're all consolidated going forward; smart business move by SIG.

Got a hammer spring variety pak (17, 18, 19) incoming :) Can't wait!
I looked on Wolffe but they didn't show separate springs for the P227. Are they the same rates as required for the P226? Hmmmm, makes me think. I have 18# &19# springs left over from my 226. I'll give it a try, can't hurt :)
Nugget, you're right. You do need the hammer springs cut for the newer plastic bases if that's what you'll be running.

And tandt's correct too. 227 & 226 hammer springs are rated the same...

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.