SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to switch the guide rod in my full size p227 Nitron to a stainless steel one from guiderod.com. I wanted to know if anyone knows if the rod from the p226 is a direct replacement for it. Thanks for all the knowledge that is shared on this forum!!

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Welcome!

Not sure about guide rod. P220, 226, 227, are very, if not exact frame size.

Call Sig Customer Service first.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for all the responses!! I ordered the one suggested by CXXX as I also wouldn't want something shiny on the muzzle end of my Nitron. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

·
P228 Sherpa
7,630 Posts
I bet you that, if we do a blind study of folks shooting 2 identical guns, except that one has the stock guide rod, and the other with the ss guide rod, they wouldn't be able to tell you any difference in muzzle flip. Sounds good on paper in order to sell the product, but in real life, not a lick of difference.

Heck, I can't even tell any difference shooting one with a plastic guide rod vs one with a ss guide rod.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bet you that, if we do a blind study of folks shooting 2 identical guns, except that one has the stock guide rod, and the other with the ss guide rod, they wouldn't be able to tell you any difference in muzzle flip. Sounds good on paper in order to sell the product, but in real life, not a lick of difference.

Heck, I can't even tell any difference shooting one with a plastic guide rod vs one with a ss guide rod.
I bet you're right for the most part. But, then again I can find more people that can't tell me where Nevada is without looking at their phones than folks that can. :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts

I bet you're right. But any chance I get I'll look to swap out plastic for steel.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Same here. There was a time when SIG had polymer guide rods in their pistols. I swapped mine out for metal. Plastic guide rod on a SIG? Sure it works, but I just don't like it.
My P290RS came with a plastic guide rod and I was really taken aback. I swapped that out with a stainless steel one and very pleased. What had me concerned with the plastic is that I could see deeply groved abraided wear after only the first 100 rounds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.