SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and bought a new VM2 for my P227. I have heard rave reviews for this holster and I took the plunge and ordered one from TopGunSupply on Friday. What a supprise to see it on the doorstep when I got home from work today. So things being what they were I had to take my dogs for a nice 5 mile walk to try it out. I love it. Perfect fit and very secure. I ordered the VM2 for a P220R and its a perfect fit. I love new gun stuff, made my day lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love the VM2 had have 3 or 4 of them for my different guns I've carried over the years. The problem is that it's very hard to find one in stock for the popular pistols and when you try to order one direct, it takes 3 or 4 months to get.

When I picked up my new P229 Legion a while back, I was not able to find a VM2 in stock anywhere so I tried the Ritchie Leather Hideaway also ordered from Top Gun Supply and I really fell in love with that.

The Hideaway is a little different than the VM2. It is closed bottom and does not have the metal band to reinforce the mouth. However, being a little thinner, and lower riding - more like a Milt Sparks Nexus, I think it actually conceals the fat body P229 a little better. I does have a bit of extra leather on the mouth and I find that I can almost re-holster with one hand. It's definitely not for range work but it does conceal really well.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
How do you like the 227 Carry?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love it, carry it all day and goes to the night stand with a 14rd mag at night. In hind sight, I'd probably get the p227 sas if i had it to do over. My wife bought it for me as an aniversary present when we were out shopping. It was a display model for $749 and she saw me drooling. Runs flawless...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts