SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Not a Match, but I do have a lot of rounds out of my X5 Allround.

I'm the limiting factor, not the gun...;)

Registered
Don't know about the CZ 75 Shadow, but it could be a reasonable comparison to SIG's P226 X-Five Match - at a much lower price. Both X5 and Shadows are difficult to find.

GunBroker lists a good number of new Shadows that have sold in the ~$1,400 price range.

GB lists no new, and only 2 used SIG X-Five Match sells this year. One for $3,875 and another for $4,000. An unusual new close relative, X5 Level 1 sold for $2,999.99 in February '17 by Osage County Guns. Wonder where that gun has been hiding??!!

If you could find a LNIB X5 Match at ~$4,000, clearly it's rarity value would be as significant an element in that decision as its shooting merit to win your good esteem. Something to think 'bout!!

I wish I owned a X5 Match - But don't, and these will have to do...

Cheers

Attachments

Registered
X5 match

I have a X5e match in 9mm, and it is all the gun it is said to be. It is extremely accurate and will punch small holes in paper at 50 feet. It can be shot very quickly with excellent accuracy. These are subjective claims, but I placed 5 rounds in a small shoot n c target at 50' off hand. I do not shoot this gun very often but would put it up against my tuned guns any day; Les Baer CC guaranteed to shoot 1 1/2" at 50 yards, CZ Tac Sport, custom 2011's, and HK expert.

Things that I will eventually do to it is a lighten trigger weight and fiber optic sights.

Attachments

Registered
25 meters with Hornady XTP handloads (1 flyer for each D'OH!) - both guns(X5L1 Maple Leaf Mastershop) and P210 are much better than I lol. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with any X5 version.

P.S. yes I found the missing X5 grip screw in the carry case after :)

Reactions: rcbrough

Registered
While I've never had the pleasure of owning or shooting a 226 X5 match and I'm sure they're fantastic guns, I did just pick up a CZ Shadow 2. All I can say is wow...incredible shooter and for $1200 a real deal. I've shot my 320 X5 and Legion 226 SAO in local indoor IDPA and USPSA leagues. This coming winter season I'll only be shooting the Shadow 2...for me personally better trigger, much less recoil (not that there is much at all with 147gr match ammo anyway), and just a more accurate gun in my hands.

Shot 50 rounds at 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 yards yesterday...quick double tabs from low ready. Without a doubt the best grouping I've been able to produce. Will try to get a picture up later today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.